• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CAG] Oceas

BSF

Explorer
Brother Oceas, the novice Cleric that really does not remember much about his life. It is hard to reflect on a past you do not know. But, it is possible to look at the person you are now, as well as the person you wish to become. What higher purpose, if any, is Oceas serving? What does he want to accomplish?

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
Russ,
I will be working on writing up the scenario for the conversion of Brother Oceas from Cleric to Favored Soul pretty soon. It will be a campaign event that can happen when the time is appropriate, so it should be fairly location independent. Though, given Oceas' focus, we will probably look at it being near a large body of water.

Do me a favor and give the conversion some thought. Email me if there is anything specific you would like to see included. Also, think about how that might affect Oceas' goals and characterization. Oceas will be in a fairly unique position within the church. I don't think there will be another Favored Soul nearby. Unless we end up digging the class so much that I can't resist putting an NPC out there like that. :)

Kultar

First Post
I was kinda curious as to what the ramifications were going to be. What kind of restrictions/losses/enhancements/blessings were going to be imposed on Oceas by his God. I'm not sure what Xanthos would do to his favored soul follower so I'm not really sure what to expect or plan toward. If you have any preconceived notions of what you would like to direct toward I would certainly see what my possibilities would become and how they would influence my character.

BSF

Explorer
Mechanically, the ramifications are all outlined with the class. You and I still need to iron out the spells chosen so when Oceas "converts" it is quick and easy. I know there are some spells out there that are not in the Core rule books that you were interested in. If you can pop me an email with those in it, we can get that ironed out as well.

I suppose there could be some issues with feats and skills as well. Is there anything that would make sense/you need to change out at that time as well? I see this as a "rescultping" so we have a little leeway in how we can make it happen.

In-game, I don't see many restrictions. Being a priest is not tied to being a cleric. Indeed, there are people without any spellcasting abilities that are priests. Being a priest is a social role. Heck, not even all clerics are priests. Obviously, many of them are, but not all.

I do see Oceas being in a position of being changed and that might have some social impact. Mostly though, the initial impact will be very personal to Oceas. One way or another, he will have been affected directly by his god. There are a lot of ways that you can run with that and I think it will be fascinating to watch.

I have some ideas on the actual event. Where it goes from there is dependant on the character. If you have some ideas on the event, then we can use some or all of those as well. My goal is to make it a cool event that is fun for everyone.

Kultar

First Post
I was being educated by Mike on the difference between a priest and a cleric. I always thought they were different names for the same thing, kinda like rogue/thief. Oh well. In the complete divine there were some spells of interest - the various vigor types, deific vengeance, blessed aim, flame of faith (but might be modified to be cold instead of flame), energy vortex, weapon of the deity, weather eye, recitation (seems a lot like bless though), divine agility, zealot pact, righteous wrath..., stormrage, and anything you think is acceptable either as is or with modifications. There were also a handful from arcana unearthed that had some potential but I wasn't sure if you would allow spells from that book. It's kinda weak from water based and some may need modification

Remove ads