• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cake: What kind do you like?

reveal

Adventurer
Everyone knows that cake is the bastard brother of pie. It will never be even in the same playing field as pie. Especially cherry pie.
drool.gif

reveal

Adventurer
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
If I could have a shopping spree at any store, it's highly likely that I would choose WS. I LOVE IT!

The one in the Plaza in Kansas City is huge. I wish I could afford more of their products.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Pie does, indeed, whoop cake all up one side and down the other.

My dad makes the best pie ever. If you disagree you will be fed to the sacred apes.

Torm

Explorer
Absolute favorite: A nice, very moist, chocolate cake with the frosting very thinly applied (and preferably, German Chocolate.)

Followed closely by carrot cake, pumpkin cheesecake, and orange pinapple cake.

And my favorite song by Cake is "Daria". :)

LightPhoenix

First Post
I can't eat cake, I'm allergic to eggs. And a ditto on ice cream cake, unless it's made with cheap ice cream, which won't be custard based.

I've eaten Cake on a number of occassions. Tastes like chicken.

Aus_Snow

First Post
I like cheesecake. . . boom ching. Actually, I really do - a silvenberry cheesecake from a gourmet supplier being one of the most intense food experiences I can recall in recent memory: not too sweet, with an amazingly complex and lush flavour.

However, I also like a cake that goes something like this, very much :) :

[sblock]Middle Eastern Orange Cake

2 large oranges, washed
6 eggs, beaten
250 grams ground almonds
250 grams sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder

Boil oranges in a small amount of water in a covered saucepan, for about 2 hours. Allow to cool, cut open, remove pips, chop roughly.

Preheat oven to 190° C, butter and flour a springform tin (one that's big enough so that the batter is no deeper than 6 cm). Blend oranges and remaining ingredients thoroughly (in food processor). Pour batter into prepared tin. Bake 1 hour. If cake is still very wet, cook a bit longer. Cool in tin before gently turning out.

Serve with citrus segments and thick cream.[/sblock]

Disclaimer: That might not be the one. It was the closest match I could find, I think. I've never made one, just eaten a couple of slices of one, twice. Yum! :D I'll make one of these someday soon, so I'll know for sure. Hope it is right!

Lemon cake-ish things would be next in rank, I guess. Then homemade spiced fruitcake, courtesy of my gf's grandma. That's a longtime fave, the recipe for which I'm not sure I could prise from her, though.

Basically, if it's got fruit in it (or on it, I guess) I'm more likely to like it.

edit --- that orange cake recipe was apparently based on this one, which is a little different, mainly for the inclusion of cardamom. Sounds good!

Last edited:

Remove ads