• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call to the Four Lands - OCC

Rhun

First Post
Thomas my soon-to-be-proposed Great North character (please let me know if that name is already taken by a pc or prominent npc and I'll change it.) gets 30 000 xp above the minimum for 12th level, right?

Sneaky Leif...that would put him at 14th level! Did you ever decide on a race and class for Thomas?

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, Rhun, I can see that you won't be happy unless I'm a level or two behind you, and that's ok by me. :) JA, I guess you'd better put me a level or two behind Rhun to forestall this nascent player revolt.

And no, Rhun, I haven't even thought about class yet. I just found out what level he would be a few minutes ago, and I've been tending to other games since then. Any recommendations? (Aside from the obvious, for JA's games, to avoid arcanists like the frikkin plague!) I would be thinking cleric, I guess, but I've already got 2 clerics and a paladin going now, so I'm not sure I want to work myself any further into that particular rut. But fighters can be sooo BORING! I'll just have to give it more thought. Feel free to recommend away!

OBVIOUSLY, again, since it's JA's game, Thomas will be HUMAN!

Rhun

First Post
Ok, Rhun, I can see that you won't be happy unless I'm a level or two behind you, and that's ok by me. :) JA, I guess you'd better put me a level or two behind Rhun to forestall this nascent player revolt.

I don't care what level your PC is. JA has just always carried on the tradition of new PCs starting a couple levels behind the rest of us. I've always saw that as a reward for all the trials and tribulations that our PCs have gone through.

I would be thinking cleric, I guess, but I've already got 2 clerics and a paladin going now, so I'm not sure I want to work myself any further into that particular rut. But fighters can be sooo BORING! I'll just have to give it more thought. Feel free to recommend away!

As I play the only FULL cleric in the game, I can vouch for the roleplaying challenges that you would face as a cleric in this game. It isn't easy at all. With that said, since Vadric is a martial oriented cleric, it would be kinda nice to have a healing oriented cleric. That would free up more of Vadric's resources to do more of his demon/undead/forces of darkness smashing that he so very much loves. :D

Leif

Adventurer
I don't care what level your PC is. JA has just always carried on the tradition of new PCs starting a couple levels behind the rest of us. I've always saw that as a reward for all the trials and tribulations that our PCs have gone through.

As I play the only FULL cleric in the game, I can vouch for the roleplaying challenges that you would face as a cleric in this game. It isn't easy at all. With that said, since Vadric is a martial oriented cleric, it would be kinda nice to have a healing oriented cleric. That would free up more of Vadric's resources to do more of his demon/undead/forces of darkness smashing that he so very much loves. :D
I certainly don't mind starting a bit behind the others, JA, if you have already set that precedent for this game, far be it from me to rock the boat. (I mean, it's NOT like we've been friends for nearly 30 YEARS, or anything! ;) -- Seriously, just kidding, big guy.)

But, yeah, Rhun, I can see ol' Tomatino being a healing-type cleric with a few levels of rogue thrown into the mix, too. Maybe he was sent by Vadric's church to help out with the healing duties? since that's evidently always been a situation that Vadric has maybe disliked a bit? :) Sort of a flunky to Vadric -- a quasi-henchman, if you will? :D

Tomatino will be the "Sam" to Vadric's "Frodo". Sound ok, Rhun? No, that's no good, either. It smacks too much of Nijel kissing Roak's boots, hehehe. Let's have them be almost the same rank in the church but in different departments. Vadric is a defender and holy scourge type, and Tomatino is more of a benevolence and charity, "feed my sheep," kind of dude. How about it?

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
But, yeah, I can see ol' Tomatino being a healing-type cleric with a few levels of rogue thrown into the mix, too. Maybe he was sent by your character's church to help out with the healing duties, since that's evidently always been a situation that you've maybe disliked a bit? :) Sort of a flunky to your cleric -- a quasi-henchman, if you will? :D

Just my unrequested two cents.... :p

No, No, No. :devil: That just won't do....

Tom needs to be a rising star of the Society for the Preservation of the Faith. The Church of the Light needs a stronger presence in the uncharted territories in view if the reports coming into the Valley of the Light in recent times. :angel:

ROFLMAO!!

Rhun

First Post
But, yeah, Rhun, I can see ol' Tomatino being a healing-type cleric with a few levels of rogue thrown into the mix, too. Maybe he was sent by Vadric's church to help out with the healing duties? since that's evidently always been a situation that Vadric has maybe disliked a bit? :) Sort of a flunky to Vadric -- a quasi-henchman, if you will? :D

Well, there is only ONE church (at least as far as Vadric is concerned). The Church of the Light. Now, there are several different patrons saints that he could follow, though. Vadric revers Saint Heironeous...

Saint Olidammara - The patron Saint of Music and Tricks (Bards and Rogues)
Saint Pelor – The patron Saint of Healing and Strength
Saint Hestia (female) – The Patron Saint of Home and Hearth
Saint Hephaestus – Patron Saint of Smiths –
Saint Athena (female)- Patron Saint of Law and Truth
Saint Heironeous – Patron Saint of War
Saint Tyche – Patron Saint of Luck and Travelers

Tomatino will be the "Sam" to Vadric's "Frodo". Sound ok, Rhun? No, that's no good, either. It smacks too much of Nijel kissing Roak's boots, hehehe. Let's have then be the same rank in the church but in different departments. Vadric is a defender and holy scourge type, and Tomatino is more of a benevolence and charity "feed my sheep" kind of dude. How about it?

Sounds good, but we won't really be the same "rank" in the church either, LOL. Vadric is the Military Attache to the Patriarch of Eastland, and a Knight of the Light. As such, he falls somewhere outside the traditional hierarchy of both the Church and the Knights. :D

On that nore, have you had a chance to read through JA's crazy 35 page campaign document yet? LOL.

Leif

Adventurer
Just my unrequested two cents.... :p

No, No, No. :devil: That just won't do....

Tom needs to be a rising star of the Society for the Preservation of the Faith. The Church of the Light needs a stronger presence in the uncharted territories in view if the reports coming into the Valley of the Light in recent times. :angel:

ROFLMAO!!
That works for me too, Lou, provided that you clue me in to the joke in what you say? Are you volunteering me for hazardous duty, or arranging for me to be an enemy of Vadric, or something else nefarious?

Rhun

First Post
That works for me too, Lou, provided that you clue me in to the joke in what you say? Are you volunteering me for hazardous duty, or arranging for me to be an enemy of Vadric, or something else nefarious?

Ha ha! No, that wouldn't make you an enemy of Vadric's. As long as you don't A) consort with the dark forces, B) say how much you LOVE dwarves and elves, and C) keep quiet when it comes to your opinions on the Church of the Light, you should get along with Vadric just fine.

For the record: The Church of Light DOES need a stronger presence in the Uncharted Territories. :)

J. Alexander

First Post
Issues

Leif you will need to make Thomas level 12.5...you can use the .5 to buy extra feats if you wish to customize him a little more...

As for Southern Operatives sounds like were right on the money as well as in the Great North xp wise...so go aheand and level them up...i have already started working on the back story to account for the time warping that will occur..

J. Alexander

First Post
Crazy Document

It is now up to 68 pages thank you very much :).........and it serves a purpose...players cant whine that they did not know..when it is spelled out more or less in black and white..and i wont even mention what is just vaguly mentioned.....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads