D&D 5E Calling of Vecna 5E

Trogdor1992

First Post
Sitting in your meeting room in the basement, the other high-ranking Cult members at your side, you have been given a ghastly message from Vecna. It reads 'The Eye is near, I can feel it. It seems to have entered the city by way of a Kobold Caravan, you must seek it out, and claim it, so that we may be one step closer to bringing me back.[/B] It says nothing more, but you know now what you must do...

TallIan

Explorer
Pladus the Dark, Necromancer 4

Pladus looked around the room at his allies. Over a decade of study and searching was about to pay off. His excitement was only contained by years of practicing his dark arts, where a clear mind was essential.

"To the merchant district?" Pladus asked the room in general.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
HP: 34 (4d6 + 16)
AC: 15 (10 + 5 DEX) or 18 (13 Mage Armour + 5 DEX)
Speed: 30
Init: +5
Passive Perception: 14

Spell Attack: +7
Spell save DC: 15
Dagger: +7 1d4+5
Quarterstaff: +3 1d6+1
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Pladus feels the now familiar creep on his mind like a spider crawling up the back of his neck. He then hears the melodic voice Jareth uses when speaking directly to someones mind.

Yes, we must locate this caravan. Discover where it has been in our city.

The half drow then speaks his raspy voice a stark contrast to the voice Pladus heard in his head.

"So it begins."

OOC: I am going to use bold italics to indicate when Jareth is using mind meld.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Roa Looks around the room.

"We will need to find them quickly"

Rising from the chair Roa speaks, almost as if thinking out loud. "I wonder if they have any idea what they have in that caravan?"

OOC: How regular are Kobolds in the city, Is it a destination for them or a stop along the way?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ataxa was currently appearing as a beautiful elven woman she had interacted with, also in disguise, a few weeks ago. Her companions knew he for what she was, but she enjoyed changing her appearance, much like putting on makeup. She avoided any confusion by leaving her horns appear in her disguise, when within the temple.

She was in a good mood; the Undying One had spoken to her, which filled her with almost supernatural satisfaction, and she did not want to disappoint Him. As she listened to her companions, he mind wandered a bit, as she made different illusory doodles on the table they were sitting at. At the mention of the market, she focused, and made an illusory image of the city appear on top of the table to facilitate planning. She was used to seeing the city from above, as she flew over it, invisible, often to clear her mind.

Rising from the chair Roa speaks, almost as if thinking out loud. "I wonder if they have any idea what they have in that caravan?"

"Either they know or they don't. This matters very little right now, but could influence our actions in the future. I say we waste no time, as the Undying One gave us clear instructions and we don't want to lose the trail" As she said this, she stood and picked up her gear, that was ready and next to her. She touched her component pouch and her horns disappeared, and her facial features changed a bit, and made her look like a human man with robes.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Roa nods agreement absently, an internal struggle showing on his face. "It is necessary."

He seems to shake his thoughts away with a subtle movement of his head and looks around the room taking note of the emotions on peoples faces, waiting for more reactions as he gets ready to leave.

Jareth turns his attention to the map Ataxa created on the table. The market was near the center of the city next to the river. That was the most likely destination for the caravan but it could have made other stops. Without knowing when it arrived there is the chance the caravan has already left the city. Finding something that those that carried the eye would allow him to determine if they entered the city recently and might give them more details on who they seek. He pulls his cloak up over his head.

"The longer we wait the less my skills will be able to reveal. We should move immediately."

Trogdor1992

First Post
OOC: Kobolds are at least as common as dragonborn, this would be a traveling caravan of oddities

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Jareth leaves the meeting room. He enters his sleeping quarters and begins to prepare for their trip to the market district. He picks up his spear. He concentrates and the weapon melts into his hand. The half drow then focuses on his inner power opening his senses. He pulls the hood up covering his face. He walks out the door heading towards the secret exit of the cult compound. He waits impatiently for the others.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Roa walks the hall to his chamber. Entering he collects his things. Stopping to think for a moment before grabbing his quarterstaff, remembering that on these streets it's better to no be seen as an easy target. He lifts the quarterstaff, feeling it's balance and weight.

Roa goes to the entrance and waits with Jareth.

Remove ads