Campaign for levels 1-15

arcon

First Post
I'm planning on running a mega campaign for my current group. They want a campaign that will bring them from level 1 to up to maybe level 14 or 15.

I want the adventures in the campaign to be extremely closely linked. So far I have considered the Dungeon Magazine adventure paths but have found them a little disjointed and think they may be quite difficult to run. Anyone have any ideas for this campaign. I am mostly interested in published adventures. I would be willing to try a few of the DCC's if anyone could come up with a way of tying them together. Thanks in advance.

Venator

First Post
Im am currently playing the Age of Worms Adventure Path and LOVING it! Im just about to start adventure 4 (of 12) so the plot line isnt very clear to our party yet.

Our DM has told us very, very little about the game outside of what we are told at the table, but he always talks about how great of an AP it is. He frequently says, "Its got all of what makes D&D awesome."

Stormborn

Explorer
Freeport

Well, its not really straight DnD but Freeport might serve you well, Start with the Freeport Trilogy, move to Terror in Freeport, followed by Crisis in Freeport and Black Sails Over Freeport. There are pleanty of adventures and supplemental material that can be added in or rearanged to fit the direction of your campaign, but aren't really needed. Even the main setting book isn't required to run the adventures as the Trilogy predates it. Be sure to check out Green Ronin's site for extras and previews.

Hussar

Legend
World's Largest Dungeon would fit the bill as well. You could have exits at around 15th level with no problem.

And, as an added bonus, if you saunter through the link in my sig, you could run it online without doing any prepwork for the next year. :)

Mavrik

First Post
A bit of work required but Mysteries of Moonsea has some great linked adventures in it... I like the hooks and lead in to other adventures as they go along... its not quite 1-15 but would allow you to add in stuff from other sources while keeping a locale and campaign arc

Mav

zoroaster100

First Post
The harback book for Shackled City Adventure Path from Paizo is very good, and you can avoid almost all of the "disjointed" problems if you conclude the adventure around 14th or 15th level (which is pretty easy to do with this Path as it has a natural end around that point, even though it can go on through 20th).

Also, you could run Sunless Citadel followed by Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. Several people have done so and posted suggestions for leading from one to the other (the second goes from 4th to 14th or 15th). These are for edition 3.0, but Sunless Citadel can be run as is in 3.5 and there is a free update document available on the internet to update Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil to 3.5.

Agamon

Adventurer
I will agree, Age of Worms is great. I'm runnning that right now.

I'll also agree that Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil is a great campaign, if also a meat grinder extraordinaire. I recommend you actually get the PCs to 5th before beginning, so maybe Sunless Citidel plus a shorter side adventure along the way. And use the conversion notes and check some cool ideas from Monte Cook's message board (don't be like me and do a true 3.5 conversion of the huge howler; that thing was way too nasty).

Greylock

First Post
arcon said:
I would be willing to try a few of the DCC's if anyone could come up with a way of tying them together. Thanks in advance.

One of the newest products from Goodman games is a book detailing the world into which you can just plunk down the DCCs. Haven't seen it with my own two eyes yet, but it's been covered in a topic here and there. And it is mentioned at the various retailers. You might want to give it a look.

hth

Remove ads