• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign thoughts and scheduling

BSF

Explorer
Hey folks!

Well so far this summer has been kind of a bust gaming-wise. Of course, the move of houses really threw things for a loop. Work has been a bit in my way as well. I know many of you are juggling work schedules and the like as well. So maybe it was meant that we should have a bit of a break? For whatever reason, we have not gotten very far with the secondaries though.

I like gaming with you guys. I like to think we have a good time. Your primary characters have some wonderful stories that can unfold within the campaign. I would love to see those stories unfold and I would love to see you guys figure out the assorted plots by the bad guys in the game world.

Your secondary characters don't have the same degree of attachment yet. Still, they are fun in their own way and there are several things we can do with them.

Here is the thing though, I have a storyline that I have been saving for a mini-campaign of sorts. It takes place over the course of centuries between the current campaign and the previous one. There are certain potential events that may happen during that campaign that could have an impact on the current campaign. I have been wondering how I would want to run that mini-campaign. Right now, I am thinking I would like to open up that campaign and see where it goes.

I am going to make that mini-campaign the primary focus for the rest of the summer. I will probably devote two sessions a month to this campaign until autumn arrives. Once autumn begins, we will shift back to the main campaign. We will continue the mini-campaign one session a month until it's completion.

This has several benefits from my perspective. Not the least of which is that I will be able to run the course of the story I have in mind. It will also give us an opportunity to try out different characters with vastly different abilities. It also takes some of the pressure off having everyone available for every session. I would prefer to have everyone available as much as possible for the primary campaign. For any of you that has scheduling conflicts, it would give you another evening free from gaming.

I have already told a few of you the basics of the mini-campaign. I do plan on creating a threat with more detail and background, but I probably won't get there tonight. For anyone that wants to hang out this Friday, feel free to come over. We can discuss the game and we can find something else to play if we would like.

Chris has told me a bit about the new campaign and it definitely sounds like something that I would be interested in. I talked to Brandon today and he said that he is currently without internet.
I have actually been transferred to a new department at my work so I won't be free on Fridays until next month, but from that point on I should be good every week. I like the idea though of a second campaign that we can play when not everybody is available to play.

Remove ads