Campaign World Advice

yipwyg

First Post
Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it.

I also like the idea for a mindflayer template.

I bought the ESD book on the mindflayers to get a good feel of what their society is like, as well as other minions used by them. I also plan on having the mindflayers worship Cthulu instead of the elder brain.

yipwyg

First Post
I am currently waiting for the Kalamar campaign setting book to arrive.

Yesterday was spent on character creation. The players all created dwarves, two of them being twin clerics of the god of war, one making a "holy warrior" of the god of war, and the last one made a 2nd level expert/1st level shamman who was trained by an outcast barbarian.

I had the player that is playing a shaman detail the barbarian tribe and any major NPC's. In this way he feels more involved in the development in the world. The three holy men have also discussed various things they would like to do and through them will set up quests involving their goals.

I am currently in need for some assistance.

I am using the pantheon found in the Book of the Righteous, there are no evil gods in the pantheon. The temptation of evil comes in the form of the Demon Princes and Arch-Devils, from the Abyss and Hell respectively.

I was wondering which of the gods in Kalamar best fits a god of war. The god of war in the BOTR, depending on interpetation of the churches doctrine, is either lawful good or lawful neutral.

I was also wondering if anyone could suggest an area that would be good to start from. I am thinking of a place on the fringes of civilization. The party welll initially be sent to help the local barbarian tribe that lives about 2 days from the characters home.

Thanks for any suggestions, I can hardly wait til the book comes.

ced1106

Explorer
Crothian said:
Well, instead of using a campaign setting have you thought about just starting in one of the great citty books (like Bluffside) and then just expanding the world as you need to? This way you get to start out in one of the most interesting cities ever created and then you can just define things as you go. You're already using a great book for the gods and cosmology, and there's no reason they won't fit into Bluffside.

Agreed. I'll also add let the players create their own gods, races, and whatnot to add to your campaign. I also understand that once a player invests something into a campaign, they'll take it more "seriously".

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^

Remove ads