• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaignless in Corpus

Skade

Explorer
I just moved tp the Corpus Christi area and am looking for a new gaming group. I have been playing for over 10 years, and have DMed for most of that time. I would be willing to run Scarred Lands, Forbidden Kingdoms, Forgotten Realms, or my own homebrewed settings. Let me know any questions you might
have.

-kane Leal

NewInTx

First Post
Also new in Corpus - looking for a game - am a terrible GM - love to play pretty much anything :) Weekdays may not be good due to work but Fri Evening/Saturday/Sunday are. Have been playing for about 5 years. Am sure Ill think of something else to say after I send this but I hope I covered enough :)

AOL IM is Wushudeyan - probably the best way to contact me.

Last edited:

Skade

Explorer
I've been offline for a weekso I'm sorry I missed your post. Soon as I am back at my own machine I'll look you up on AOL. I was Ahriman75, I have not used it in a while so it may no longer be valid. You can email me at kanodrano@hotmail.com if you'd like.

So what brings you to Texas?

-kane

NewInTx

First Post
Its soooooooo much warmer here than up north.....dosent seem so recently but at least its not snowing :)

Cold Bad, Warm Good=> North Bad, South Good

Which is why I am here....well....partly :)

Last edited:

Skade

Explorer
What kind of game are you looking for? I have a really oddball Modern game in the works, an homebrewed DnD setting, a bit of Scarred Lands material, Forbidden Kingdoms, and plenty of non DnD games as well. Hollowfaust is a very cool city handbook in the Scarred Lands, it has plenty of story opportunities.

I have talked to my cousins wife who is interested in playing, but aside from that I have found little interest. I have considered going to Armchair Commander's on Everheart (the only local game shop I know of). It's not a bad store, but a little crowded in the sales area (big game room though).

NewInTx

First Post
Aye - it is a little crowded - thats the reason Im looking for games outside of it. I have mostly playes Forgotten Realms and am more than happy to try something new, thats always a lot of fun.

Probably ask your cousins wife what she wants to do and Ill go with whatever it is, really just want to play, anythings fun - wont make a difference to me really.

I think the store has a bulletin board where you could post to get others interested without gaming in the store - I am sure there are a lot of groups/gamers that feel the same way.

Skade

Explorer
Right now she seems most interested in my hombrew, which came out of my attempts at a novel. She has been reading the little that I consider readable and has had her interest piqued a bit. The Game and the Novel are pretty different. When I play in the setting I adjust to more closely fall in line with the rules in the books of course.

Anyway, the setting is called Agastasi. It is a psuedo-rennaisance world, with burgeoning technology and long standing magical and religious traditions. The continent that the games are set on has recently fallen to civil war, and what was once a mighty empire lays shattered by contentious factions. The people of this world are generally monotheistic. believing that all other gods are demons. There are other gods however, very real gods.

I have run a lot of campaigns in this setting. It started in second edition, but has continued with some slight modifications into 3rd. In fact I was one of those tinkering 2E players who had made so many house rules and changes that it was almost 3rd already. I even had prestige classes!

I run 3E pretty close to the books though. I am laid back on rules though. I like to use the proper rule, but occassionaly in the interest of flow, I will eyeball it.

-kane

DJalin

First Post
Still Gaming or Looking to Game

So here I am year later looking to start or be a part of a group.

Either of you still game in the Corpus area?

Remove ads