Can Antimagic Field supress a permanent True Polymorph?

Balfore

Explorer
A hero changed into an Ancient Brass, an hour goes by, then gets hit with antimagic field.
What happens?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

neogod22

Explorer
A hero changed into an Ancient Brass, an hour goes by, then gets hit with antimagic field.
What happens?

If the hour already passed, then the spell is permanent, he is a dragon. The anti-magic field can keep him from using is breath weapon or shape changing, that's about it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Balfore

Explorer
If the hour already passed, then the spell is permanent, he is a dragon. The anti-magic field can keep him from using is breath weapon or shape changing, that's about it.

I thought permanent only got rid of the concentration part of the spell.

Li Shenron

Legend
What happens?

" If you concentrate on this spell for the full duration, the transformation lasts until it is dispelled."

It's quite clear :) Antimagic suppresses rather than dispelling but I think the point is that the spell is still active, the transformation hasn't become a natural condition.

neogod22

Explorer
I thought permanent only got rid of the concentration part of the spell.

No, the spell is called permanent for a reason. You still have to concentrate for an hour, but if it lasts the hour, it's permanent.

Remove ads