• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can anyone help me out?

Pazu

First Post
So, I recently became interested in the concept of grafts (I started a couple of threads on the subject in the Rules forum a little while ago). From what I heard, the Fiend Folio was a good primary source for different types of grafts, so I thought I would try to get ahold of it.

Unfortunately, I just got an email from Amazon telling me that they can't get the book for me. The guy at my FLGS told me it was out of print, so he can't get it either.

Amazon does list a few sellers who are still offering the book, but they're charging upwards of $50.00 for it (used, in some cases).

This puts me in a bit of an ethical bind. Even though I'm really just interested in the graft rules, I would have been perfectly happy to buy the book at the usual cover price. Paying over $50.00 for it, though, seems excessive. On the other hand, I don't condone copyright violations by people posting large swaths of text without permission.

Does anyone know if this material is legally available through another source anywhere (online or print), or if there's another way to find it?

Thanks.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Pazu,

I believe there is a PDF of Fiend Folio via DTR...but honestly you'll be pay full cover price for it.

My own belief is if you're just getting it for information about grafts, just ask someone here.

We're good about that kind of stuff.

*four*

thalmin

Retired game store owner
FWIW, we still have it in stock at cover price and new, if you can't find it closer. And we can do mail order.

Baron Opal

First Post
Funny a thread about this came up. I'm in a similar bind over Cthulhu d20. Anyone know of a cheap ( = cover price) location I can buy it from? Even pdf?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Baron Opal said:
Funny a thread about this came up. I'm in a similar bind over Cthulhu d20. Anyone know of a cheap ( = cover price) location I can buy it from? Even pdf?
'Fraid I can't help you there.

Baron Opal said:

What he said. I recently lost my copy to a flood and am looking to replace it. Hopefully not $75-$105 replace it, if at all possible.

-TRRW

Baron Opal

First Post
You know, that's the thing. It has been a long time since I was interested in over 80% of a given book. For Cthulhu, all I want is the magic spells / system and how it integrates with Sanity. I'm willing to pay cover price for it as I will probably use some or all of the critters and the other infor will be interesting. But I am in no way going to pay three times the cover price for a book I'm only 50% interested in.

But, I understand market forces and all that, so I'll have to make due.

Remove ads