• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can I get some feedback? (5e Homebrew Bard College)

Andrecos134

First Post
So earlier tonight I put up a thread for a homebrew Cleric Domain that one of my players asked me to create, and I in turn asked all of you for help assessing it before I put it in my game. What I did not realize, however, was how addicting homebrewing subclasses could be. That addictiveness (Is that a word?) led to the creating of the College of Heart for 5e bards that is listed below. I thought about healing bards and how good they are, but I wanted a more natural healer for the bard class, so I made this. Now be warned, I made this at what is about 2 am for me in a total of a couple hours, so it's probably terrible. Well, even if it is terrible, could you guys tell me if it's fixable? Or if it's already been done? Like it or hate it, please tell me what you think.

View attachment College of Heart.pdf

Last edited:

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
Looks pretty good to me.

You probably need some text around healing melody clarifying whether or not it impacts a single target...it's a much stronger ability if you can use it on mass cure wounds or aura of vitality.

Urgent healing might be a little strong, but 14th level, costs a reaction and a bardic die; I'm inclined to think it's probably OK.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads