• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can someone please address this? (Please?)

reveal

Adventurer
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=106049

I, like many others, are frustrated with the lack of updates on the prizes regarding the fundraiser. It's been over 8 months and we have heard nothing on the status of prizes beyond "I'm still working on it" and "It's taking longer than I expected."

I understand people are busy and have priorities, but someone, Piratecat, another mod, anyone, needs to address this especially now that there is another fundraiser on the front page. I think this has left a bad taste in peoples mouths and might keep them from contributing to a very worthy cause.

Last edited:

If someone does get involved, please read the original thread starting at around Page 17 or so, and note the lack of whining, flaming, etc. People have been extraordinarily patient, and it's not the lack of prizes that's starting to get aggravating, it's the lack of responsiveness.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We're aware of it -- and I've pinged PC in the staff forum. I'm sorry I can't be any more help than that - I've no control or input in it all. Right now, PC is away, and he has had one hell of a year so far (deaths, illnesses - it seems to just keep coming) which is why he hasn't been on the boards very much for the last few months.

We're all very aware of how patient everyone has been, too, and we're grateful. The reason I haven't posted anything useful in that thread is because, to be honest, I'm no more involved in it than you are and have nothing informative to say on the subject.

When he gets back (I think he went for a week), I'll ping him again. In the meantime, I'd recommend keeping this thread alive with bumps, comments and whatnots to make sure it remains visible.

We'll get it sorted one way or the other! If I had a bunch of cash, I'd just buy everyone who is waiting something cool, but I can't. Although I have just got a new job which starts a week Monday! :)

reveal

Adventurer
DaveStebbins said:
Congratulations! I hope it pays well, suits you, is lots of fun and is full of great co-workers.

Lime mine! :)

-Dave

You work in a lime mine? Hmmm. I always thought those grew on trees. You learn something new every day. ;)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
reveal said:
You work in a lime mine? Hmmm. I always thought those grew on trees. You learn something new every day. ;)

Nah, you're thinking of limes - tasty green fruit. Lime is a calcium carbonate compound

Tiscali Reference said:
White powdery substance used in making mortar and cement. It is made commercially by heating calcium carbonate (CaCO3), obtained from limestone or chalk, in a lime kiln. Quicklime readily absorbs water to become calcium hydroxide Ca(OH)2, known as slaked lime, which is used to reduce soil acidity.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Absolutely valid complaint. I am back home from the west coast on Sunday; I'll either email everyone or post here before I go to bed Sunday night. Thank you for being polite despite the fact that I've dragged this out far longer than is reasonable.

Remove ads