• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can you identify this supplement?

Kafkonia

First Post
When I played AD&D, I only owned one book, and it was (of all things) a collection of adventures. I sold it over a decade ago, and out of curiosity I've been looking through the D&D archives on-line to try to remember which book it was. So far, no luck.

It was, as I said, a collection of short adventures. This would have been in the early 90s, so early 2nd ed; I believe it had a red border, but may be mistaken, and the first adventure involved fighting a giant in a canyon/hill pass, IIRC.

Not much to go on, I'll admit, but any thoughts? :)

crossfirecreek

First Post
There was also a Book of Lairs and an Outer Planes Adventure book that I think were 1st Ed. I have them packed away with all my old Roleplaying stuff in my shed...but it's still far too cold here in Michigan to go out and look right now :\

Kafkonia

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
It's not a red border, but is this it? http://enworld.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=1053&

It's late 1E, not 2E, but it's one of the few accumulations of adventures I'm familiar with from that era.

That may very well be it. I was introduced to *D&D right on the cusp between the two editions, so I may have bought a 1st edition book rather than a 2nd edition one -- I only had access to the rulebooks through friends and the library.

Agamon

Adventurer
Giant in a canyon...that's the Book of Lairs I, I'm pretty sure. The border is dark red.

TSR9177_180.jpeg

Kafkonia

First Post
Thanks folks, there's two or three possibilities here. Now just to decide if my nostalgic curiosity will justify buying them. :)

Remove ads