Can you place living creatures in a bag of holding

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Caliber said:
Actually, you are wrong Ridley's Cohort. If you pierce the bag from the inside the bag is ruined and all contents inside are lost forever. :eek:

Not a good idea for someone who is inside ...

I think with "lost forever" they merely mean that it is expelled into limbo. The chance that someone stumbles across them should be one in a million (and we know that one-in-a-million-chances come true nine out of ten times ;) ), but the chance that it happens before the "passenger" runs out of air surely aren't so good :D

Caliber

Explorer
Well, while not really on topic for this thread ...

I think having a campaign devoted to characters being "Lost in Limbo" because of a bad Bag of Holding experience would be pretty cool. Of course if I was the Wizard waiting back on the Prime for my friends, it wouldn't be too entertaining.

Grundle

First Post
Caliber said:
Well, while not really on topic for this thread ...

I think having a campaign devoted to characters being "Lost in Limbo" because of a bad Bag of Holding experience would be pretty cool. Of course if I was the Wizard waiting back on the Prime for my friends, it wouldn't be too entertaining.

I can see it now...

Four fateful (if foolhardy) compatriots floating helplessly in the chaos storms of Limbo. Will a Gizitheri happen by and save their 1st level newbie asses before they are ripped to shreds and incinerated in the raw Chaos!

Obviously 1st level PCs wouldn't work (for long), but it does sound like a pretty cool beginning for a campaign! :D

Belares

First Post
Well, if you consider storing party members inside an extradimensional sack smart, then yes. Of course, if the enemy is intelligent, he'll realize that the party is at their most vulnerable during their bag of holding teleport.

I stated that you should not abuse your players for coming up with a smart idea..not that it is smart to store them in a bag of holding

Why shouldn't he strike then? Some great voice booms from the sky "That's not fair, the puny humans are smart for being in the sack!"?

If you have had a villian wait that long to be able to punish your players then that is good calculating evil genuis. Of course none of the players ever had a chance to spot the person(s) watching/scrying them, or do you allow that?

whatever.

Think before you post

Last edited:

Caliban

Rules Monkey
laiyna said:
hmmmmmm....

there is 10 minutes of air for 1 creature
that makes 5 minuts of air for 2
that makes 2.5 minutes for 4

this could easly go wrong :)

Just make sure the creatures inside have a Bottle of Air to pass around, and a Murlynd's spoon. Now you can carry them around indefinitely. :)

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Caliban said:

Just make sure the creatures inside have a Bottle of Air to pass around, and a Murlynd's spoon. Now you can carry them around indefinitely. :)

Reminds me of a classic KotDT where they had left forgotten about a few hundred mercenaries they have left in the bag with a mountain of supplies. Had to fight a pitched battle to regain control of their Bag of Holding!

Artoomis

First Post
Caliban said:

Are these published items? We use a portable hole to teleport our whole group - I'm always worried about something going horribly wrong and having half the party stuck in the hole, suffocating.

Last edited:

KingOfChaos

First Post
You can do it, but more than likely you'll have dead bodies floating around in it after about 10 minutes. Isn't there a spell that allows a character to go without breathing for an extended period of time?

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Artoomis said:

Are these published items? We use a portable hole to teleport our whole group - I'm always worried about something going horribly wrong and having half the party stuck in the hole, suffocating.

They're both in the DMG, last I checked.

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
Artoomis said:
Are these published items?

How long have you been DM'ing, dude!? :eek: I'm just kiddin'. ;) There's a lot of stuff in the DMG, and I've overlooked a few of the items myself.

Player: "I'd like to purchase an Effreti Bottle."
Me: "You wanna purchase a what? What the hell is that!? Some kinda' MUNCHKIN item that you made up!?!"
Player: "KR. It's right here."
Me: "Oh...:eek:...sorry."

:D

Last edited:

Remove ads