• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can you unfilter a few words?

diaglo

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
I've also had Sidewinder games where the characters rooster their revolvers... that doesn't quite work either.

i've had that in my story hour.

now instead of cocking ...

he is Smiliesmiliesmiliesmilieing.

Henry

Autoexreginated
He could always Moorcock his Revolver. :) And Mr. Spock never had a problem with raising his eyebrow.

"Pulled the Hammer" comes to mind, though not as smooth in wording.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
diaglo said:
cool another Bill Bryson fan. :D

have you read a walk in the woods? dictionary of troublesome words? a short history of nearly everything? etc....

I generally prefer his books which are looking at facts/history to his travelogues, but I've read (in order most favourite ->least favourite)

Mother Tongue
A Short History of Everything
Made in America
Notes from a Big Country
the Lost Continent
Notes from a small island
Down Under (australia)

Of those I've not read, are there any you particularly recommend?

diaglo

Adventurer
Plane Sailing said:
I generally prefer his books which are looking at facts/history to his travelogues, but I've read (in order most favourite ->least favourite)

Mother Tongue
A Short History of Everything
Made in America
Notes from a Big Country
the Lost Continent
Notes from a small island
Down Under (australia)

Of those I've not read, are there any you particularly recommend?

well i'm partial to a walk in the woods... but i live near the start of the appalachian trail. ;)

Henry said:
He could always Moorcock his Revolver. :) And Mr. Spock never had a problem with raising his eyebrow.

"Pulled the Hammer" comes to mind, though not as smooth in wording.
I'm "pulling the hammer" right now.

IYKWIMAITYD...

And yeah, I've had to switch to raising eyebrows on edits for my Story Hours before. It works, technically, but it sounds so characterless in comparison to cocking eyebrows. You're stifling my art here! ;)

Oddly enough, the gerund version of :):):):) seems to work just fine: can't say :):):):), but can say cocking? Odd...

Mr. Kaze

First Post
Why not use "caulk"? Not the same meaning, certainly, but it reads close enough and provides for some delightful mental imagery...

"He caulked his gun and found that the trigger was stuck..."

"His mother had always told him when he made faces that one day one of them would stick -- and when he caulked his eyebrow, it did!"

And if you ever want to publish the adventures, s/caulk/rooster and you're done. Assuming that you don't have adventuresome plumbers and the like, like in Brazil. :)

::Kaze (is in a loopy mood, pay him no mind)

Remove ads