• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can you unfilter a few words?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
If people really want to use :):):):), they can substitute rooster instead.

Here's a funny carryover from the old Nutkinland, a tip of the hat to Ashtal: Snoweel's favorite word substitution "fluffy bunny" was on the list. I'd forgotten that. Over there, Snoweel was fond of a particular word that Ashtal (when she was admin) found offensize. She adjusted their profanity filters so that it always showed up as "fluffy bunny." Madcap hilarity ensued.

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Piratecat said:

I remember reading that in the 19th Century there was a move towards extreme, er, sensitivity towards certain words. That is when rooster was invented, along with roach. I think that stomach was substituted for belly at around that time too (belly was too sensual).
Source: Mother Tongue, Bill Bryson

diaglo

Adventurer
Plane Sailing said:

cool another Bill Bryson fan. :D

have you read a walk in the woods? dictionary of troublesome words? a short history of nearly everything? etc....

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Plane Sailing said:
I remember reading that in the 19th Century there was a move towards extreme, er, sensitivity towards certain words. That is when rooster was invented, along with roach. I think that stomach was substituted for belly at around that time too (belly was too sensual).

That's it - belly goes on the list!

Piratecat said:
I've had a situation where a character in a Story Hour was supposed to rooster his eyebrow...

That doesn't quite work.

I've also had Sidewinder games where the characters rooster their revolvers... that doesn't quite work either.

Remove ads