Cape Cod Area 3rd Edition Gamers sought!

gambler1650

Explorer
Greetings! I'm a member of a four player group (including the DM) on lower Cape Cod (Falmouth/Mashpee/Hyannis). We are looking for one or two more roleplayers who are interested in serious, adult themed roleplaying. It is likely that our group will prefer 3rd Edition (3.5), but we do plan to give 4th Edition a shot sometime soon.

The first thing to know is that our schedule is fairly flexible at the moment. Ideally we would like to meet once every week (sometimes with a break of a week) with probably half of the meetings on a weekend (generally 2:00 - midnight) and half during a weeknight (generally 6:30 - midnight).

The second thing to know is that our games tend to have adult themes. By this, I mean that we have games which focus on violence, politics, war, religion, sex and the like. We have one primary DM in the group who runs homegrown campaigns (usually with his own magic systems) and I may be a 2nd. If I run a campaign, it's likely to be in the "Midnight" setting by Fantasy Flight Games. None of us are teenagers, and I think we may all be in our 30's.

The third thing to know is that our games tend to be more 'story' focused than 'treasure/power level' focused. Magic often gets nerfed a certain amount (either by prohibiting certain classes/spells, having a completely new magic system in place, or - if I run a campaign - by the Midnight world itself). The primary DM doesn't provide a quick path to "20th level" characters and as a group we really enjoy playing the lower to mid range levels. That doesn't mean we couldn't end up with higher level characters, but expect to 'work at it' to get there.

The fourth thing to know is that the primary DM and I both believe in the 'some things just shouldn't be attempted by parties with any sense'. ie, attacking an adult Blue Dragon when you're a group of first level characters just because you overheard a rumor in a tavern about one nearby. The world will likely have challenges the party just isn't ready to face, and while (at least in my case) you'll have an opportunity to parley, run, otherwise avoid the encounter, or even just see that it's a bad idea to continue after taking a lot of damage in the first couple of rounds... if you insist on continuing the encounter, well... That said, I've been playing in the group for a couple of years and we really aren't THAT deadly to the characters.

The fifth thing to realize is that our group has a certain level of what we call 'foolishness' at most of our games. Simply put, if there's even one thing that you might be offended by, you likely will be offended at some point in one of our sessions. This can be by things that happen In Game (killing of innocents, rapes, murders, etc) or Out of Game (off color jokes, most of which will offend SOME group - not necessarily us). It's important to realize that none of us advocate any of the actions that occur in game or in the out of game jokes, we're just a few guys being immature. To be honest, one of the reasons we're trying to advertise is that we'd like to REDUCE the foolishness in our games by bringing in more serious roleplayers. It's very important to realize though that the foolishness is never going to go away completely. Don't worry, we tend to be a bit more careful around new players at least for a few sessions.

And finally, you should realize... The main DM, and myself, like to have "Metal" playing. It's generally not loud as the point is to be able to roleplay, but it does play more or less consistently in the background.

We likely will be finishing up a current mini-campaign in a month or so, and would be looking for new players after that.

If this group sounds like something you could have fun with, let me know:

gambler_1650@yahoo.com

Rob

Remove ads