Captain America: Civil War (trailer with 100% more Spider-Man)

As for Spider-man being 15...... he was 16 or so in the original series. Much of the movie universe is based on the Ultimates version where he was only 14 years old (loved the Black Cat scene when she finds out :) )

The best scene- "I can do this all day long." Bravo!

slightlyprime

First Post
I love the trailer so much, hope scarlet witch shows mercy to vision or vision says the right thing so they fall in love. Spidey has an awesome costume but not quite as good as Black Panther. Possibly best bit is BP galancing over his shoulder when shot at by the chopper as if someone tapped him to get his attention. Trailer looks awesome in my opinion.

Ryujin

Legend
Yep. If you ever wanted to know what the right moral stance to take on a subject was, you'd look at Cap.

His stance, however, is often not at all *easy* or *safe*...

And that's the point: You do the right thing because it's the right thing, not because it's easy or safe.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Spidey siding with Start :(

Have you read the comic book? They are certainly deviating from it, but Spidey's role in it is large (he's kind of the viewpoint character, actually), and his role is far more complicated than, "I'm on Stark's side." If you want, I can inform you, but I don't want to give spoilers you may not desire....

How about this... Spoiler Block!

[sblock]In the comics, Peter Parker is slowly convinced (some might also say "bribed") by Stark to be on his side of the conflict (which is about superheroes having to publicly register as such, and work for the government after some second-string heroes trying to make it in reality TV get a school full of children blown up), to the point where Peter announces to the world that he is Spider Man, on national TV. As the fight goes on, and he is asked to do things that feel less and less like being a good guy, Peter's opinion changes - to the point where he switches sides, and fights for Cap. He has to send Mary Jane and Aunt May into hiding, to avoid Stark's wrath and manipulations. It is a mess for poor Peter. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Canonically, he gets his powers while in high school, when he's 15. Note that this origin was devised in the 1960s.

Though at the time teenage superheroes were usually given names ending with "boy", Lee says he chose "Spider-Man" because he wanted the character to age as the series progressed, and moreover felt the name "Spider-Boy" would have made the character sound inferior to other superheroes.

I understand. Just, I guess I would not see some of these hero types bringing a teenager into the midst of a war. Perhaps it was not known it was going to that extent when he is featured. I suppose I will need to wait and see. Just something about it doesn't sit right with me.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I understand. Just, I guess I would not see some of these hero types bringing a teenager into the midst of a war.

A few possibilities:

1) If they aren't going to the full "superhero registration act" thing, his secret identity may be intact, so they may not know how old he is.

2) Maybe it isn't *supposed* to sit right with you. That may be a point - that Stark is willing to go to some lengths that others may feel inappropriate to deal with this.

3) Let's face it, teen or not, Spider Man is one of the most *effective* superheroes out there. As physically strong as Iron Man, faster reflexes than Cap, and mentally sharp as a tack - if you are in such a conflict, and he's available, well... the temptation to get him involved would be strong, no?

4) This is Peter Parker we are talking about - he has an incredible ability to stick his nose into business, whether he should or not, and maybe He was going to get involved whether Stark liked it or not.

Ultimately, we will need to see how it plays out....

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, kid superheroes is pretty much a staple of the genre. Heck, Robin isn't even a proper superhero!

Remove ads