Carrion Crown AP (Savage Stampede) - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I have read up on the setting and would probably play a martial type out to save the people of the land.

Someone from another country who "was" passing through but when he learned of the way things are and how people have to live in fear he would want to see if he could make a difference. Maybe he has fallen in love with a local.

Ok everyone the next thing:

What would you think of instead of playing the "Heroes of Good come to slay those who are evil." angle you could take and play this as...

Your all part of a rival group and want to release the Lich King, before the Whispering Way cult.

I think WD's character would fit with something like that ;)

As you discover the means by which the cult plans to free the Whispering Tyrant you instead steal those secerts and head to free him and reap the rewards he will bestow on you. With that change what would your concept be? Your over-all character goal?

HM

_

Orius

Legend
Unfortunately, it looks like this is PF, and I'm unfamiliar with the rules. Granted it is based on 3e, but there are little details here and there I don't know about. I'd like to do more PbP gaming, but there seems to be a good deal of PF and 4e which I'm unfamiliar with. Most of the 3e stuff seems to be filled, the stuff with openings seem to be somewhat long-running so I'd have to read pages of stuff here and in the actual play threads, and I have trouble concentrating after several pages of posts. I'd like to run my own games eventually, but I'd like to get a feel for different DM's games first.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Orius: Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, it very easy to get to grips with I'd recommend taking a look at the PFSRD HERE, its so thorough you really don't need to buy any books to play or DM. Of course I would encourage you to buy Paizo products because they are a great company which needs us to support their products so they can go on doing an excellent job.

HM: I'm not keen on the evil angle myself, it would probably require significant deviation from the AP as written and I tend to find evil games have a greater tendency to encourage poor player behavior.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Players don't need encouragement for poor behavior, LOL :p

And it need not be an evil game it could be more neutral or self serving. Your group could want to release the lich-king for any reasons.

Perhaps you wish to destroy him personally for something he did to your family in the past. My angle was you just didn't want to stop the cult just beat them to it.

HM

_

rangerjohn

Explorer
While I would prefer a standard campaign, I suppose either of the roles I mentioned would work. Rogue out for himself, arcane caster out for power.

ghostcat

First Post
I too would prefer a standard game. Neither of my two characters would fit the "out for your self" scenario. That said a Bone Oracle would fit nicely.

Last edited:

Remove ads