• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Casefiles Reopened: Agents of D.E.L.V.E.

Ferrix

Explorer
Sorrow The Man Bear said:
New development: We're on hold for Ferrix, who will be away for a short period (not that this was exactly a breakneck speed anywho), we'll resume when she's back.

He. ;)

Eransyl flicks something from a pouch at his side, says one word, "evanui", and then gestures as if drawing a cloak about himself. With his gesture, it is as if he is wrapped in his surroundings and his disappears.

OOC: Cast Invisibility on self; 6 min. duration

JonnyFive

First Post
Sereth will look around a bit starteled to relize that erran is right, there is no wind. moving close to the nearest melee fighter, she will say a few words, and dissapear from view

OOC: casting Walk unseen

Harlan pauses for a moment, and whispers "Shadowstone and I can bring up the rear. We'll hang back in the tunnel entrace, the shadows here are favourable." He draws his bow.

"Aye, we'll cover ye,"
Shadowstone nods and readies her throwing axes.

With the invisible casters and slinking combatants moving into the courtyard, the gate comes to a halt some six and a half feet high. After a moment, a pair of figures appear from the gloom.

One towers over the other, it's face covered in a leather executioner's mask, two pale-yellow glowing pinpoints peer from eye slits. ASide from a simple vest and shorts it wears no clothing, allowing the fetid pallor of it's skin to be visible. It lopes more than walks, and keeps a tight hold on the guide rope attached to the bound figure before it.

Her features are occluded by a hood identical to the ones of the hung bodies, now bucking and swinging violently. Arms bound behind her back, the extra length trails to the Hangman's hand. Dressed simply, in the familiar garb of a ranger, or woods(wo)man she stumbles along, occasionally pushed by the Hangman leading her to the Gallows.

Sorry Ferrix, I inferred the "she" from the capoeirista. Seemed like a female conjunction.

Last edited:

Ferrix:[sblock]The gloom is a little much even for your elven eyes, however ther is something familiar about the Hangman. his movements and the pallor of his skin suggest a creature you recognize. You have no doubt that the Hangman is undead.[/sblock]

Azaar

Explorer
Erran kneels down, remaining as much within the shadows as possible as the Hangman and his soon-to-be captive move towards the gallows. He watches them intently for a few moments before glancing back at his teammates. "With all due respect," he whispers, "I think we should get in there and try to save that captive. I have little doubt that the undead we've met thus far have any regard for the concept of justice. What say you all?"

[sblock=Sorrow]Spot Check: DC 23 (1d20+10=23)[/sblock]

Erran:[sblock]You notice the Hangman's walk is wrong, his movements unnatural. What ever he (it) once was he is no longer.

More striking however, is the barely visible tattoo on the female captives arm. The unmistakable mark of the Namless Legion.[/sblock]

Azaar

Explorer
Erran peers back. There was something... just a little closer look. He turns back around. "Whoever she is, she's one of us. I can barely make out the tattoo, but she's also from the Legion."

What bothers me is how many more of the Legion we might see before this is over...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads