• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Casting Multiple spells in the First Round- Options?

It suddenly hit me that there is something called 'Rod of Many Wands' on page 128 of the complete mage

It can be loaded with three wands and all can be activated in a single rounds. This is a full round action.

You could get 4 spells off with this and a quickened spell, that would be a lot of buffs if combined with arcane tapestry.

Lactantius

First Post
It suddenly hit me that there is something called 'Rod of Many Wands' on page 128 of the complete mage

It can be loaded with three wands and all can be activated in a single rounds. This is a full round action.

You could get 4 spells off with this and a quickened spell, that would be a lot of buffs if combined with arcane tapestry.

Well, this item is useful for your action economy, that's for sure.
But IMHO, with 27,000 gp it is way too expensive just for that effect.
I would use this money for another metamagic rod. Lesser quicken gets affordable. Or take multiple low-metamagic-rods like sculpt, extend or maybe chain.

Additionally, you are depending on the need to have many wands available which hurts again your WBL.

Money wise it is almost defiantly a waste, however with the multitask feat, two of these staffs and eldrich tapestry, you have just cast 6 buffs on the whole party.

Empirate

First Post
I'm not sold that you can use spells from magic items with an Eldritch Tapestry. AFB, what's the wording on the ET ability?

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I'm not sold that you can use spells from magic items with an Eldritch Tapestry. AFB, what's the wording on the ET ability?
To quote the relevant text:
"Once you have woven and Eldritch Tapestry, you can send your spells across the life-force strands to your allies. Although you cast but a single spell, you can have it affect every creature in your Eldritch Tapestry as if the group were a single creature."

It goes on, but every reference is to "your spell".

It does require you to pay the material component and xp cost for each target, so perhaps that sort of disqualifies scrolls and other magic items, since the material component and xp would have been provided by the magic item maker. But it really is unclear.

Ragmon

Explorer
Anima Mage (ToB pg 51) comes to mind.

With Quicken Spell.
+ Any Arcane Caster (2nd level spells)
+ 1 Binder (Improved binding feat) /
+ 5 Anima Mage (2 spells in the first round) or 10 Anima Mage (3 spells first round and 2 spells in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd)

Or something like that.

Empirate

First Post
To quote the relevant text:
"Once you have woven and Eldritch Tapestry, you can send your spells across the life-force strands to your allies. Although you cast but a single spell, you can have it affect every creature in your Eldritch Tapestry as if the group were a single creature."

It goes on, but every reference is to "your spell".

It does require you to pay the material component and xp cost for each target, so perhaps that sort of disqualifies scrolls and other magic items, since the material component and xp would have been provided by the magic item maker. But it really is unclear.

"Your spells". "You cast but a single spell". That doesn't sound like magic items would be allowed as the source of those spells.

I might be convinced where scrolls are concerned, since spell completion items function very much like casting the actual spell yourself. But spell trigger items function because the spell has already been cast by somebody else, you just trigger its effect.

Anima Mage (ToB pg 51) comes to mind.

With Quicken Spell.
+ Any Arcane Caster (2nd level spells)
+ 1 Binder (Improved binding feat) /
+ 5 Anima Mage (2 spells in the first round) or 10 Anima Mage (3 spells first round and 2 spells in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd)

Or something like that.

Has already been mentioned.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads