(Casual D&D) A Game of Trust

DrZombie

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
Meanwhile, Andu is working with something in his lap... Once it has been packed, he produces a pipe, a small thing made of antler and wrapped leather, and with two small stones and a wrapping of dry brush he has it lit quite a bit more quickly than you'd imagine possible. He passes this to Kyrr, who immediately passes it on to Raven...
Raven takes a polite puff (Bill Clinton style :D), trying to keep his wits about him. (fort save 12). When the pipe has passed he takes out his own pipe, fills it with less lethal stuff and passes it along as well.

(OOC: btw are you guys happy with people posting whenever they feel like it, or are you strikt in the "one post each" kinda thinghy?)

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
("Casual D&D," we're strict on nothing -- Post whenever you feel like it, so long as it's often enough that we know you're still around... Post & play however feels comfortable, is the short of it.)

dpdx

Explorer
Fendric scowls as Raven addresses him. Reluctantly, he calms down, although his expression is still serious.

After a while, and since Nature (and Fendric) abhors a vacuum:

"You're right, of course, and I apologize to our guests.

But you should also know that we came here specifically to cure our friend, who was infected by the undead we vanquished in the last village where we stayed. We would have been perfectly happy to continue on our way once that was taken care of, threatening no one, and making all due haste to leave anyone's special area of the Realm, Pelor forbid, had we not been detained, forced to wake, and questioned at this hour.

Nurthk's affliction, I suspect, is what drew the tracking of these people and their shaman, I think, but I should also think that the disease, terrible as it was, was yet honestly come by, and that even a shaman should be able to tell the difference between actual taint and someone who needed clerical attention.

Now, unless we traveled through a portal or crossed a border post of some kind with which I am not familiar, we are on the Realm's business, while still within the geographical bounds of the Realm, Raven, and I'll tend to regard anyone who thwarts our progress as hostile.

So, we will begin to traverse that pass on the morrow, and while I'd be happy and grateful to have your assistance for it, I'll brook no threat to the passage or the safety of this group, without standing or speaking to defend them. That you must know if you are to travel with us, I think.

I pray you understand me a little better now, good sir.

Perhaps I need a turn at that pipe, so that I don't brain anyone.
"

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Xaio follows Yattro's advice {1} and then passes on the pipe to Fendric.

He stands. We sit in here and no one watch outside. I will do it.

"I will walk around outside. I will stay close by."

ooc: {1} Fort Sv: 15.

DrZombie

First Post
Take care , master elf, these are the true masters of the mountains. Sotty I had to speak to you in such a way but they are easily offended and I'd hate to travel through these mountains with tgem hunting us. That would slow us down more than waitin gupon the shaman.
Raven says as he passes the pipe to fendric, nodding friendly.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Retro...since I was woke up in the common room,GP, Niccolo woud have gone along. ...and smoked whatever was handed his way...and (Gandalf-style) would have given up his weapons,but protested his Violin'You wouldn't deprive a simple minstrel his instrument, would you?'...I don't speak Orcish, btw.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
(I'm getting a lot of slow-down with this thread, and I think it may have something to do with how long it's getting... I've been aware for a while that a Part II has needed starting, but I've been waiting for a decent chapter break. The timing isn't quite what I'd have liked, but it works.

The game continues in Casual D&D II)

(Oh, and Uriel, duly noted. I also have Xiao outside at the moment -- as Kentaro arrives, he may want to come back inside to hear this...)

Last edited:

Remove ads