• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Casual D&D II) The Fellowship of the White Dove

doghead

thotd
Xiao understands little of what is being said, even of that in the tongue common to the people of these lands. But it is easy enough to understand that the tension is rising. He feels that ravast is telling the truth, but has no idea what that truth is.

Unfortunately, he can think of nothing to do to help. Other than keep out of the way. He settles down onto the floor, and laying his staff across his lap, puts his head back against the wall and closes his eyes.

dpdx

Explorer
Fendric listens to Raven's entire soliloquy without responding. Mulling the inconsistencies over in his head, he decides to leave them alone, for now.

"That is, if you still want a scout"
"The question may be, do you still want a party to take across the mountains? Now leave me alone, woodsman, so I can get my pack. I suspect I may have what the Ravast is so concerned about."

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Shavah does as well as she can to explain Kentaro's vision to the others, based on what Raven said in Elvish, looking to Nurthk and Orbril to help out a little.

As the argument continues outside, she passes her own things for the ravast to examine... Hiritus stares at the door quietly, wishing he'd asked Fendric to bring along what he had not. She carries little -- in fact, she seems strikingly unequipped for travel -- and little of it seems to interest the man. He passes it all back to her after only a few brief questions, then turns to wait for the next volunteer.

When Fendric returns, he consents immediately to the zone of truth, and explains to the others in his group that the spell is being cast, and what it will do.

As the young cleric had suspected, he does take interest in the six remaining letters, regarding them gingerly, sniffing at them curiously. It takes a bit of explaining before he understands exactly what they are -- he knows of writing, it seems, but not of the many ways which it is used -- and he has some questions about them.

"Three questions," Kyrr echoes, in an almost bureaucratic tone. "Who wrote these? Who are they for? And may we have you read them?"

(As far as the contents of your bags go, list anything you have at least three of -- three fishhooks, six pitons, whatever -- Kentaro would like to know more about... This applies to everyone but Raven or Orbril, who he has understood by now have not traveled with you before.)

Festy_Dog

First Post
Nurthk's most numerous possessions are laid out:

5 'poppy silver' vials
30 arrows
10 silvered arrows
20 parchment
7 rations

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Since I have removed the three remaining Mushrooms :D

IC

4 of each gauge string (16 total) for his Violins
6 needles for sewing
thread, various spools.
4 pairs of hose (green, yellow, brown,dark grey)
sheet music, 8 ot 10 sheets blank, again that many half-finished by Niccolo,
4 Quills and three inkpots

doghead

thotd
Xiao sits quietly as the bags are searched. He is tempted to do or say nothing til directly asked, but there has been enough bad feeling all ready tonight.

Without opening his eyes, he taps the leg of the man, Dre, standing next to him with his staff.

"My bag is in the tea room. Its a simple bag of heavy oild cloth, against the wall on the right. I would get it myself but then how would you know I had not changed the insides. No, better that you get it. This is my trust to you - you will not steal anything."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Orbril watches the various exchanges going on before him, letting out a giggle as he silently translates Ravens orcish comment on Fendrics sexuality - soft elf poof!.

He then turns back to the ravast and considers his dream

"Wise one" he asks "I have not journeyed with these men and do not know of their former encounters but still I wonder - what of the seeds in your dream, can you tell us anything of these?"

dpdx

Explorer
[Fendric will have Detect Evil up and will have gone through his own things before he takes so much as a step back into the common room, and will only re-relinquish his weapon to the table if every single person checks out. If it doesn't, Fendric will demand an explanation of the Ravast through his interpreter, and ask that person to leave the room. If it all goes pear-shaped, Fendric still has his weapon, and will wait for a DM ruling.

But if it works out, and nobody's evil: ]

Fendric will disconcentrate Detect Evil on his own, and replace his weapon on the table. Upon hearing Kentaro's consent, he will likewise explain to 'his' people the Zone of Truth, and then move to the middle of the room to cast it. Once it is cast, it should encompass the entire room (35' radius centered on caster, Will Save DC 15 negates), and last four minutes.

"This is my backpack. It contains scant supplies, but it does contain the essence of our mission: these letters, given to me by Sir Exantrius, Knight of the Greater Kingdom, may Pelor Bathe his Spirit in Light. He entered my Temple with me to worship, and perished from age on the second day of our journey. On this man I placed my trust. I pray I hold it true."

Upon the three questions:

"I cannot say for sure that he wrote them, but he made me promise before he died that we'd deliver them. So far I've delivered two, including one to Father Premule, who has since been taken prisoner. I have not read them, and I prefer not to meddle in the affairs of lords and kings, for I am a cleric, not an ascetic, and do not go well with torture.

But I can tell you in detail what Exantrius said to me, for it returns to me in reverie each night I pass:
"

Sir Exantrius said:
"A knight of my order, Lord Thedoric -- you may have heard his name, for it was quite well-honored in its time -- has commited a great act of betrayal... the nature of which, I must admit, I am not fully aware. All the same, it is clear that the forces of darkness are at his side, and the very order of natural things is threatened!"
"Nurthk contracted a paralysis from an undead he slew in a halfling village downriver. He has since been cured by Father Yattro, and stands before you able-bodied and healthy. That is all I know of any disease.

Perhaps, may it not be correct, we are being followed, in which case you need only wait for our pursuers to catch up to us before you resolve this problem. But I truly think you've got the wrong humanoids, Ravast.
"

[on edit: the backpack]
Cold-weather gear
Incense
Scroll case: 4 sheets parchment, vial of ink, quill
Scroll - Cure Moderate, 5th
Bullseye Lantern
4 pints oil
1 day's trail rations
Letters to various addressees in the Realm:
Aramil Kethett, Honorable Servant of Cuthbert and Chief
Officer of Affairs in the Free City of Despia

Anders Peltram, Owner and Keeper of the Grey Inn, in the Free
City of Valsport

Aesop Rhandoril, Counsel to the Jury of Sages, quartered in
the Free City of Eivanrach

Tiamen lo'Solis, Princess of the Glades of Sesphar, found in
the Region of the Free cities

Lord Kildre Vemaunt, Overseer of the City of Daershut, in the
Principality of Lamecht, in the Kingdom of Tourne

Sir Rienne Vaustus, Archknight of the Kingdom of Tourne and
Advisor to King Tjaden, quarted in the City of Perlech, Seat
of the Kingdom of Tourne.

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Sir Exantrius said:
"...and the very order of natural things is threatened!"

Kentaro nods as he hears this last phrase translated for him.

"Your knight is very wise. I agree that the order of things is threatened."

The ravast smiles at Fendric for the first time... To hear his own worries echoed is clearly a great relief to him.

"It is a shame we have misunderstood each other until now. Perhaps that can end, and we may talk more clearly."

Fendric said:
"Nurthk contracted a paralysis from an undead he slew in a halfling village downriver. He has since been cured by Father Yattro, and stands before you able-bodied and healthy. That is all I know of any disease.

Perhaps, may it not be correct, we are being followed, in which case you need only wait for our pursuers to catch up to us before you resolve this problem. But I truly think you've got the wrong humanoids, Ravast.
"

Kentaro says something in response to this -- "I believe that you are not the real danger, but if you are being followed, then it may be that you are only leading the real danger to its goal."

Kyrr, on the other hand, responds with a question which is clearly his own: "What river? Down what river are there halflings?" Even as Shavah clarifies that the halflings are upriver, his confusion seems unabated. (Raven, for what it's worth: You have no knowledge of any halfling river colonies in the vicinity, let alone any stream worthy of calling a river within many miles.)

Kentaro, sticking to his task, begins looking through Nurthk's pack... His brow furrows, and he produces the five vials of poppy silver.

"What are these? How did you get them?"

DrZombie

First Post
[OOC : with lore (geography) total 17, do i know where they went? I mean, tracing back the route they have traveled, where is this place they claim a halfling village is? And what should be there instead? An open field? Ruins?]

Remove ads