(Casual D&D II) The Fellowship of the White Dove

Guilt Puppy

First Post
(D'oh! Looks like I made an error -- the offer was meant to be 2000 gp, a scale being 50gp, or 5pp... When proof-reading my original post, it read "two stacks of 25 gold", which was mathematically correct, but I saw it and said "wait! I already said he was playing with stacks of platinum!" and made the correction, without thinking for a moment that it might impact the value of the offer by a factor of ten :) Considering that none of the math in the replies matches up with either the correct or erroneous meaning of "40 scales" -- it was meant to be confusing IC, but hopefully clear OOC, although I think it failed in the latter respect -- you probably don't need to edit any posts. But I sure do!)

Gilter grins, moving his chips around to make things a bit clearer -- stacking platinum five at a time, until he has 8 stacks of 25 each -- 200 platinum, or 2000 gold.

"That's the offer," he says. "Are you clear on its worth? I'd hate to see you feel cheated -- I can't imagine that was an easy lot to come across."

Seeing that you're unlikely to dispute any offer, he turns and points to the counter up front.

"They can bond this for you, or even just supply a coin pouch to carry it in, if need be..." He turns, and nods toward the gnome at the other end of the table. "Although Ghant might have one he won't be needing tonight, if you ask nicely."

He grins, satisfied. Ghant fumes, grumbles, then gets up to call down a drink from the bar.

(Spot/Listen checks for those downstairs.)

Festy_Dog

First Post
"I've been travelling awhile. Who exactly are these foes who may attack, if they're willing to brave the mountains? Nurthk asks now, decidedly blunt.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
The bath:

"Raiders from Dalmar," the one on the left answers. "Blue sails. How long have you been traveling? Seems like every day we get news they've advanced further -- word on the wind can barely keep up with 'em."

dpdx

Explorer
[Spot: 15 +5 = 20; Listen: 6 +7 = 13]

Guilt Puppy said:
Gilter grins, moving his chips around to make things a bit clearer -- stacking platinum five at a time, until he has 8 stacks of 25 each -- 200 platinum, or 2000 gold.

"That's the offer," he says. "Are you clear on its worth? I'd hate to see you feel cheated -- I can't imagine that was an easy lot to come across."

Seeing that you're unlikely to dispute any offer, he turns and points to the counter up front.

"They can bond this for you, or even just supply a coin pouch to carry it in, if need be..." He turns, and nods toward the gnome at the other end of the table. "Although Ghant might have one he won't be needing tonight, if you ask nicely."

He grins, satisfied. Ghant fumes, grumbles, then gets up to call down a drink from the bar.
Fendric, now armed with the amended information, looks still at Hiritus and Niccolo; having never bargained before, he'd hate to run afoul of Nurthk, Raven, or worst of all, Oliver, if he came back with less than the worth. Seeing no objection from the bard or the paladin, he turns again to Gilter.

"That will be fine, and I have a coin pouch of my own, so Mr. Ghant may save his pouch for a better day at the table. 2000 gold it is, and I apologize for my mistatement of the figure. It must be the mountain air, still.

Anyway, thank you, sir. It has been a pleasure to trade with you; may Pelor bless you.
"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Nurthk looked to Raven, a tad puzzled.

"This news to you?" he asked, "From Dalmar...

Nurthk tried to bring to mind any references to Dalmar he had heard before.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Downstairs:

Gilter looks ready to shake on the deal, when Ghant, returning to his seat.

"Hold on! Hold on just a moment. 40 was the offer, right?" He eyes Gilter, vengefully. "I'll make that 45."

Gilter eyes the gnome unkindly. "I think we have a deal already."

"Nothing's changed hands," says Ghant, "and nothing's signed. You've only agreed to a price, but no trade has occurred. It's still theirs to sell. And I'm offering more."

Gilter sighs, and turns to Fendric. "We have a deal already, right?"

"Forty-five," says Ghant, over the smith's shoulder. "There's plenty you can do with that, you know."

(OOC: 45 scales = 2250 gold. I'm almost positive :) )

In the bath:

(Semi-OOC: Re: "Raiders from Dalmar," that should match up with what Oliver's told you about the fall of Hedrogura -- the city where the original group met Exantrius -- and with the general buzz about "war to the south" that's been around.)

DrZombie

First Post
"Hedrogura was taken by 'em, wasn't it? Can't say I've met the gentlemen before. Blue sails, probably a bunch of pirates. Not much pirates in the highlands. As long as they don't bother me or my friends I don't really care." Raven says as he leans back in his bath, puffing on his pipe. Then, to the scarred men talking : "Or should I care? What's the story 'bout them? We've been through the mountains, this is the first piece of civilisation we've been to in a week."

Festy_Dog

First Post
"Here, here, I think you've got the right idea there, Raven," Nurthk says with a grin, "I deal with what good Sir Cuthbert puts in front of me, and if he wants me to take a different path to my friends he'll make his intentions known. Until then though, I cannot be moved."

Nurthk dunks his head in the water and comes back up, his black hair wet slick against his head. He curls his goatee around his finger and leans back.

"Think we can get a good price for those weapons?" he asks casually.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
In the bath:

"Should you worry? Of course you should! They'll get to your door eventually." ... "Naw, kid's got the right idea! Proud's the history of mindin' yer own." ... "True." ... "Say, speaking of pirates, you heard this one: A pirate walks into a bar..."

Downstairs:

As Nurthk arrives, Hiritus (who's been sticking to the back, not wanting to get involved in matters of finance) fills Nurthk in on the situation thus far.

"Think we should take his offer?" He looks wary. "The smith's, I mean -- I don't trust that gnome."

Remove ads