Catastrophe!

OOC: @WEContact : To be quite honest, I'm utterly confused on the damage you claim you're dealing in your post. You're listing all damage as if you were wielding your Gouge, yet the first action you take in your turn is a minor action to use Body of the Wolf, which would make your gouge meld into your form, thus all attacks would have used your bite instead of the gouge.

Am I missing something?

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Body of the Wolf has the following mechanical effects: I gain +1 speed and the ability to use a natural weapon, and I lose the ability to open containers on my person, use magic item powers, benefit from a shield, or drop any equipment. The rest is basically flavor text- I've chosen to refluff it as kind of a mini-rage to make up for the fact that at this level I can only rage 1/day. Ignatz gets flooded with primal magic and becomes more feral and animalistic than usual, but doesn't actually turn into a wolf.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I think the argument in effect here is that nowhere in Body of the Wolf does it say that you can't continue to use your weapons. Whereas, wild shape specifically restricts what you can do with weapons and implements.

Medina

Explorer
OOC: There's a thread on the wizards forums about it here. Important bit from the customer services:

"I have checked with our D&D team, and, as written, the power does allow you to wield your sword as a wolf."

WEContact

First Post
OOC: "Ignatz retains his normal game statistics and size, but gains a +1 bonus to speed. His equipment becomes part of his wolf form. He continues to gain the benefits of the equipment he wears, except shields and item powers."

Basically I'm refluffing it because sucking my gouge into my hand and extruding it again every round is incredibly, mind-blowingly uncool.

OOC: [MENTION=6682244]Medina[/MENTION]: Thanks for that link! After perusing that forum, reading the many responses, and seeing the post coming directly from WOTC CS, I defer to the experts! Give me an hour or so and I should have an update for you guys.

Faraque

First Post
OOC: Midafternoon yesterday, we were promised an updated map for the combat. This has not been forthcoming. I have not acted because I am incapable of following the combat without some knowledge of the combat state, status of monsters, success or failure of attacks.

I will not be posting until there is some fix to this.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Midafternoon yesterday, we were promised an updated map for the combat. This has not been forthcoming. I have not acted because I am incapable of following the combat without some knowledge of the combat state, status of monsters, success or failure of attacks.

I will not be posting until there is some fix to this.
OOC: Posting which monsters are dead as a result of our actions this round would suffice for a mid-round update, I think.

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Yah, I'm ok with not necessarily knowing the exact hp of the npcs, it just requires more input from the DM to know when we're killing stuff so we don't start posting invalid turns attacking stuff that's already dead etc. The defenses WOULD be nice to know so we can at least tell if we hit on our own...

Remove ads