Catastrophe!

Medina

Explorer
The Kruthik in the immediate vicinty clear, Corragan turns his attention to the soldiers who were attacking them. As he moves, he stands straight, becoming elven once more, and slams the butt of his spear to the floor sending shards of rock at the Kruthik

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move to J19
Minor: Wild Shape back to elf form
Standard: Thorn Spray in K19 to N22. I think this should target Worker 2 and Soldiers 1 and 2. Combat advantage vs the target in N20 (I can no longer tell which is which though)

IF Reflex 14 vs N20 misses : use Elven Accuracy to reroll, 1d20+9 vs Reflex.

Vs. K21: CRITICAL - 13 damage and -4 to defenses until the end of Corragan's next turn - he is stunned until the end of it's turn
Vs. N20: 14 - Miss? If so, Elven Accuracy gives 25: 11 damage and -4 to all defenses until the end of Corragan's next turn
Vs. Soldier 2: Probably a hit - 20 vs. Reflex. 11 damage and -4 to all defenses until the end of Corragan's next turn.

No Action: Alfsair Spear effect - Corragan scores a Critical hit vs. K21, and it is stunned until the end of it's next turn
[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]
Corragan - Male Elf Druid 3
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 23, Passive Insight: 16
AC:17 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:17
HP: 16/38 Bloodied: 19 Surge value: 9 Surges/day: 6/7
Speed: 8 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +3 vs AC, 1d10+2 (Savage Rend in Beast Form; Surpise Strike for Savage Rend for opportunity attacks in Elven form)
Powers: Wild Shape, Savage Rend, Fire Hawk, Grasping Tide
Thorn Spray, Sudden Bite, Predator's Flurry, Elven Accuracy, Surprise Strike
Summon Giant Toad
Alfsair Spear Daily[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: Ignatz used Shrug It Off as an immediate interrupt last round when he was inflicted with that poison. He failed the save it granted him, but he passed the save at the end of his turn, so unless he got poisoned again last round and I overlooked it, Ignatz is not slowed.

Also I'll be at work unable to take my turn for the next eight hours or so.

OOC: Huh...I saw that Shrug It Off failed, but must have missed him passing it at the end of his turn. This has been corrected in my status block above. Charge away!

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina and Ignatz continue to fight as a well coordinated unit. On her order the barbarian charges, it's axe cleaving the stunned beast in half.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Adaptive Strategem(Ignatz gains a +5 bonus to damage rolls until the end of Dina's next turn.)
Standard: Provocative Order Ignatz charges to J21 Howling Strike vs K21 (1d20+8+1+2+1=16, 4d6.minroll(2)+1d6+8+5=35)
Minor: Inspiring Word (1d6=3) (Ignatz spends a healing surge and heals 13 hit points.)

Ignatz hits the Kruthik Worker for 37 damage (+2 damage for Carnage Weapon), making a bloody mess of it.

Attack bonus includes: +1 charging, +2 CA (stunned) + 1 (Lend Might)
Damage bonus includes: +1[W] (Provocative Order) + 5 (Adaptive Stratagem)[/sblock]

[sblock=Dina's Stats]Dina - Deva Artificer-Warlord 3
Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 18, Fort 12, Reflex 16, Will 16
HP 25/34, Bloodied 17, Surge Value 8, Surges 6/7
Speed 6, Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Weapon, Commander's Strike
Encounter Powers: Provocative Order [x], Phantasmal Henchman [], Phantasmal Henchman Attack [], Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [x], Use Vulnerability [], Curative Admixture [], Inspiring Word [x], Adaptive Stratagem [x]
Daily Powers: Punishing Eye [], Philosopher's Crown []
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: @Medina that 14 does miss the Soldier's Ref, you can go ahead and reroll. @Son of Meepo , I wouldn't mind that heal.

Ignatz is clearly having a grand time. He roars again, grinning, as he tears apart his fourth bug with Dina's direction. He high-fives the deva (unless she leaves him hanging, in which case he's heartbroken until the fight recaptures his attention) and then pounces on the last two kruthiks- big ones, like the Ignatz fought first. Two of them this time, and the first was still fighting after taking the brutal wound with which Ignatz greeted it! "Oho, hy tink hyu boyz vill be a leedle more fun den de odder vuns!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: ->M20
Standard: Desperate Fury HIT S2(M19) AC 18 for 32 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 3
Initiative: 18, Passive perception: 18, Passive Insight: 12
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:15 Will:12
HP: 27/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 10 Surges/day: 8/10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 2
Melee Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 2d6+8 brutal 1 (Bite: +9 vs AC, 1d8+6)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike, Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury, Brutal Slam, Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
The Cursed One steps to the side flanking the badly wounded kruthik soldier with a curse, surrounding it with a gloomy shroud as it claws at the thorns digging into its body. He brings down his blade across the creatures heavily armoured back. It digs deeply, the force of the blow pulling the creature away from Ignatz, but it fails to reach a vital organ. For now he ignores the poison pumping through his body thanks to the artificer's strange invigorating mixture.

[sblock=Actions]
Start: Take 4 poison dmg
Minor: Curse KS @M19
Free: Assassin's Shroud
Move: Shift to M18 to Flank KS@M19 with Ignatz
Standard: Eldritch Strike vs KS@M19 invoking shroud
Hit: Slide to L18
End: Take 1 dmg from soldier
[/sblock]

[sblock=The Cursed One]

Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 3 (temporary)
Passive Perception/Insight 10
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:16, Speed:5
HP: (15 THP) 10/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:10/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 2 (encounter): 1 USED

Conditions: 5 Ongoing Poison& Slowed (ST ends)

Powers
MBA: Eldritch Strike +9 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage

Divine Challenge:
Warlock's Curse: KS @L18
Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance

Blade of Crimson: USED
Valorous Smite: USED
Otherwind Stride:
Asassin's Shroud: 0/2 uses left
Second Wind

Crown of Stars:
Bless Weapon:
Fullblade of Defense:

Combat notes: Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg;
TCO will use his FUllblade of Defense Daily power to halve damage of an attack if the aggro he draws from valorous smite will reduce him below 0.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

The kruthik are slaughtered like the animals that they are. The remaining Kruthik soldier, not keen on facing five powerful enemies all at once, burrows beneath the surface of rock and disappears from view.

The battle was fast and furious, and when it was over, an unsettling quiet greeted the adventurers, broken only by the occasional and distant echo of metal pinging on rock.

OOC: In the interest of moving things along (since my ability to post lately has been drastically compromised due to school and work functions), and since there was only one creature left anyway, I am simply going to move on to the next part of this adventure! (but don't worry, you'll still get full rewards from this encounter)

jbear

First Post
The Cursed One pushes the edge of his blade into his skin where the kruthik's spikes have entered. Blackish blood flows out. He keeps pressing at the wound until all the venom is clear.

Stoicly he stands back to his feet with little complaint. He turns to Shak'ar.

"My thanks Artificer. Your art has kept me from harm and slowed the poison from reaching my blood. In a few moments, once feeling has returned to my legs, I will be ready to continue."

OOC: TCO still had 15 THP's so he takes 12 more damage before he clears his leg of poison, but it's soaked up before it gets to his real HP. So at 10 HP I'll spend 3 HSurges to take TCO to 37/39 hp and 7/11 surges left. Which way does the ring pull? Or is it eenie meanie miney mo to pick a tunnel?

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar sinks down to sit against the wall for a few minutes to recover from the short but furious fight.
OOC: I'll spend 1 surge to get back to full hp, and use 1 to recharge my curative admixture, leaving me at 6/10 surges remaining.

Whoops, forgot poison, one second...so make that 3 healing surges to get back to full hp, leaving me at 4/10

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
Corragan sags against the wall, relieved that the fight is over. When the group is ready to leave, Corragan is slow to get to his feet, feeling his cuts and injuries, before Dina calls him to his feet and back to action.
OOC: I’m assuming that Dina doesn’t mind me using her inspiring word to heal up a little after the fight; if that’s OK I’ll use that and a surge to get back to full hp with 4/7 surges remaining.

Remove ads