• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Catastrophe!

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Same with Sha'kar. It shoulda been Ignatz and Corragan, then the monsters, then me in the surprise round. After the surprise round it was Ignatz, Corragan, and TCO since they had higher initiative. Now it should be the monsters again, then all of us, then the monsters, etc, etc.

We've only gotten thorugh the surpirse round and Ignatz, Corragan and TCOs initial round actions, so it should be all the monsters now

OOC: Oh well fine then! Don't take advantage of my extreme sickness, business, an inability to figure out what the heck is going on in my own notes! LOL. Thanks for being honest guys. I'll give you guys an update tomorrow when I'm at work. Unfortunately, I have a programming exam to work on, on top of having to meet a programming partner at school (stupid peer programming...). See you guys soon, and thanks for all of your patience and understanding with this first time PBP DM!!

The Cursed One sends out divine energies, trapping all of his foes' attention. However, it seems that without having encountered such a thing before, the kruthik workers did not heed The Cursed One's sanctioned warning not to attack his allies. When the thrashing of the workers was focused on Dina, drawing a line of blood from a ragged leg wound, there is a flash of radiant light that causes one of the kruthik to jump to the side. The other kruthik is entirely to mind boggled to notice the tendrils of smoke wafting up from his body.

While the workers focused their attention on Dina, the soldiers focused their attention on The Cursed One. Skittering backward and whipping his tail once more, the soldier closest to The Cursed One sent barbed spikes flying through the air at both The Cursed One and at Sha'kar. For once, it seems that the void genasi was in the wrong place at the right time, and both targets are pierced with toxic spikes. They can feel the poison working its way toward their hearts, numbing their lower extremities and threatening to shut down their organs.

The other soldier attempts to whip its tail at The Cursed One as well, but when nothing comes out, it decides to charge headlong into the fray with his divine tormentor. The soldier's heavy carapace clashes with The Cursed One's heavy armor, and a sharp claw slashes The Cursed One's hip. However, the magical assistance of The Cursed One's blade ensures that the wound is only superficial.

[sblock=Actions]

KW2/KW7:

- Standard: Flanking attack vs Dina. KW2 hits AC 14, which misses, but KW7 CRITS Dina for 10 damage! Both creatures take 7 damage from TCO's Divine Sanction.

- Move - KW2 shifts to K21.

Toxic Spike Recharge succeeds for KS1, but fails for KS2

KW1 -

- Move: Shift to N20.

- Standard: Toxic Spikes vs TCO & Sha'kar CRITS TCO for 11 damage (including resistances), and hits AC 18 vs Sha'kar for 10 damage. (FINALLY A HIT AGAINST SHA'KAR WHOOHOO!!! *ahem* sorry....hehe)

KW2 -

- Move: Shift to M22.

- Standard: Charge TCO, moving to 19. Claw attack hits AC 23 for 4 damage (including resistances).

and sadly... that's it. I'm so upping encounter levels by +2 against you guys... y'all have walked through my encounters like they were a jolly stroll in the park... sheesh!

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]

OOC:
Vision Note: Only the squares to the left of column 10 are in bright light. Everything else on the map is in Dim Light. If you do not have Low-light or Dark vision, creatures you attack have partial concealment.

Map Note: the following directions correspond to the following poles on the map:

Top of screen/Bottom of screen: East/West
Left of screen/Right of screen: North/South

[sblock=Player Stats]
Ignatz: 17/42 STATUS: Normal

Corragan: 22/38 STATUS: Bloodied.

Sha'kar: 10/40 STATUS: Slowed & Ongoing 5 poison (save ends both)

TCO: 30/39 STATUS: Slowed & Ongoing 5 poison (save ends both)

Dina: 26/34 STATUS: Normal

[/sblock]

[sblock=Creature Stats]

KW (Minion) - AC: 16, F: 12, R: 15, W: 12;
MBA: Melee 1 - +5 vs AC; 4 dmg.

1 - Dead
3 - Dead
4 - Dead
5 - Dead
6 - Dead

Normal KW - 43 Max HP, AC: 15, F: 13, R: 14, W: 11;
MBA: Melee 1 - +5 vs AC; 1d8+2 dmg.

2 - 7/43; Status: Marked (Sanction) by TCO.
7 - 23/43; Status:Bloodied, Dazed, Marked (Sanction) by TCO.
8 - Dead

Soldiers - 67 Max HP, AC: 17, F: ??, R: ??, W: ??;
MBA: +8 vs AC; 1d10+3 dmg.
Powers:
Toxic Spikes (Recharge on 5/6): Ranged 5 (two creatures); +7 vs AC; Hit: 1d8+4 damage. The target is slowed and has ongoing 5 poison (save ends both).

1 - Undamaged; Status: Marked (Sanction) by TCO.
2 - Undamaged; Status: Marked (Sanction) by TCO.
3 - Dead

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Catastrophe - B2 - Round 1(part 2.5).jpg
    Catastrophe - B2 - Round 1(part 2.5).jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Having the condition symbols over the entire token is making it hard to identify who is who on the map. Can you add the location of each PC and monster to the status?

VanderLegion

First Post
As one of the Kruthik workers manages to hit Dina with an attack, Sha'kar launches a bolt of lightning at the creature, leaving it badly wounded. He then turns and throws a healing infusion to Dina followed by an enchantment for her armor - launching another bolt of lightning at the creature, leaving it charred and smoking. Finally he tosses another infusion toward the Cursed One.[sblock="actions"]Immediate Interrupt: When KW7 damages Dina - Shocking feedback, barely hit for 18 lightning damage. Dina gains 5 resist all until the end of shakar's next turn
Minor: Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture on Dina - she regains surge value +4 hp.
Standard: Thundering Armor on Dina, she gains +1 ac, attack vs KW7 hits for 12 damage and pushes 1 square away from dina. Should be dead.
Move (Minor): Restorative Infusion on TCO - he gains 20 temporary hitpoints, as a minor action he can transfer any number of those hitpoints to another ally within 5 squares of him.[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 18, Fort: 16, Reflex: 15, Will: 15
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 30/40, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges Left: 8/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +3 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +4 vs AC - Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1: 1d8+1

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, [-]Shocking Feedback[/-], [-]Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture[/-], Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil, [-]Restorative Infusion[/-]
Item: Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (Encounter), Warmage's Uniform Leather Armor +1 (Daily), Alchemist's Fire (0/0), Tethercord (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 - 1d8+1 (Equipped)
Current magazine: 7 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 13

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: I have updated the map above (zoomed in a bit and made the statuses be corner images. Let me know if this is not sufficent enough to determine where you are and I'll update with player/monster coordinates.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Much better...

Hmm, I was going to have Ignatz charge KW7. Because he's slowed, it was the only one he could reach. Is there something else Sha'kar can attack instead? I'm at a loss for anything else to do that is anywhere near as effective as Provocative Order. I don't think anyone else is a useful target for that power. (Corragan has a decent basic attack, but it's an implement attack, so the +1[W] damage from PO would be lost), and TCO would have to provoke an OA to charge something.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Ignatz used Shrug It Off as an immediate interrupt last round when he was inflicted with that poison. He failed the save it granted him, but he passed the save at the end of his turn, so unless he got poisoned again last round and I overlooked it, Ignatz is not slowed.

Also I'll be at work unable to take my turn for the next eight hours or so.

Last edited:

Remove ads