Catastrophe!

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Dina's actions won't be changing. If Ignatz escapes the grab (the roll I just made), then the area is clear for Corragan to fire away without targetting Ignatz.

Momentarily regaining consciousness, Ignatz tries to escape the swarm...

[sblock=actions]Ignatz is at 16 hp after being healed.
Start of Turn: 6 damage from kruthik swarm. (10 hp remaining)
Move: Stand
Move: Escape Grab Athletics (1d20+10=19)

If successful he shifts to R46 and then...
Minor: Body of the Wolf, shifts to S47.

If the escape fails, he takes 20 damage from the 4 sentinels and is unconscious at -10 hp)[/sblock]

OOC: Since Ignatz is grabbed by multiple creatures I think he makes his check against the highest Fort defense, +2 for each additional creature grabbing him. Not sure if 19 is enough.

OOC: It was JUUUUST barely enough. The Kruthik Sentinels have a Fort of 14, and with 3 of them grabbing at Ignatz, it was a DC of 18. So Ignatz has escaped the horde... for now. I will now calculate what few Kruthik might remain in that cluster that I was apparently nice enough to set up for Corragan and then post an update. This should be coming really soon (likely today if work doesn't pick up).

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I couldn't resist dropping in to see how things were going. I wanna reiterate how badly I wish I was still playing. I'm really grateful that you guys are trying to save Ignatz. He's my favorite character, and I'm hoping I can come back and play him again eventually. I know that's selfish of me. :p Good luck!

jbear

First Post
OOC: Try and succeed are two different things. He's still the closest thing to the horde. If he goes down again I'd say it's lights out. In any case, Ignatz should make a Saving throw right? Doesn't he have ongoing poison damage and weakness?

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION], due to time contraints I've decided to retire my characters except Dina. Since one of my characters had earned xp, I'm going to be able to take half of his XP and apply it to another character (Dina). Since Dina is in an adventure, it's up to you whether I can apply that now (at the end of the current encounter, which would put me about a level, close to 2 ahead of the rest of the group). Alternatively you could have me wait until the end of the adventure (or some other point in the adventure).

Just wanted to get your thoughts.

With the painful blasts sent their way by Corragan, the Kruthik's scatter, tearing off toward separate foes and attempting to eliminate the invaders.

The queen takes a few steps toward Ignatz and sends a wave of acid outward, coating Ignatz and Shakar, burning their flesh and causing their muscles to feel limp and rubbery.

The princess storms off toward sha'kar, eager to meet a new foe and pumps her head forward to send out a spray of acid, but nothing seems to come out. Not one to let it go at that, the princess slashes away with her claws, causing Sha'kar's legs to run red with his own blood from a multitude of minor flesh wounds.

One of the baby kruthiks swarms converge on Ignatz, continuing to tear the barbarians' flesh to ribbons while the other remaining swarm tears off toward two foes at once, Corragan and Boris! Borris manages not to be in the line of fire, but Corragan is not so lucky. The little ankle biters crawl atop eachother and bite into and through the druid's armor, piercing his flesh and taking small chunks of skin into their mandibled mouths.

The two sentinels also scatter, one going after Sha'kar in protection of the princess, while the other takes a flying leap off toward Dina, a set of wings comming out from under its hardened shell for a moment and fluttering, before the creature touches down and skitters across the floor once more. Lucky for their intended foes that neither of them are quick enough to catch their opponents off guard.

[sblock=Actions]
Kruthik Queen:
Move- Moves to R46.
Standard - Uses Acid Spray vs Ignatz & Sha'kar, rolling 24 vs Ignatz Fort, and 19 vs Sha'kar's Fort, dealing 5 acid damage, ongoing 5 acid & weakened (save ends) to both.

Kruthik Princess:
Recharge acid spray - fails.
Move - Moves from Q44 to U45.
Standard - Charges Sha'kar with claw attack, hitting AC 26 for 6 damage.

Kswarm2
Standard - Charge Ignatz (moving to R47), hitting AC 27 for 10 damage (see queen's aura).
NOTE: At the beginning of Ignatz turn, he will take 6 damage from the swarm's aura.

Kswarm3
Move+Standard: Charge Corragan (moving to T54), hitting AC 21 for 6 damage.
NOTE: At the beginning of Corragan's and TCO's turns, they will take 6 damage from the swarm's aura.

Sentinel3
Move+Standard: Charge Dina (moving to R57), hitting AC 12, which misses.

Sentinel4
Move+Standard: Charge Sha'kar (moving to T50), hitting AC 10, which also misses.

[sblock=Status]
Terrain: All of the rocks are difficult terrain unless you have a climb speed or can hover/fly over them.

Ignatz: 47/48 damage. STATUS: Bloodied.
Boris (aka TCO) - Undamaged & NORMAL
Sha'Kar - 11/46 Status: NORMAL
Corragan - 6/38 Status: NORMAL
Dina - UNDAMAGED & NORMAL

Kruthik Queen - Normal
Kruthik Princess - Normal
Kruthik Sentinel (P45) - DEAD
Kruthik Sentinel (R45) - DEAD
Kruthik Sentinel 3 - Normal
Kruthik Sentinel 4 - Normal
Kruthik Swarm (W56) - DEAD
Kruthik Swarm (R47) - Normal
Kruthik Swarm 3 - Normal

Kruthik Queen Stats:
HP ? AC ? Ref ? Fort ? Will ?
- MBA: Claw +11 vs AC; 1d10+5 damage
- Hive Frenzy (Aura 2): Kruthik within the aura deal double damage with basic attacks.
- Acid Spray - At Will. Close Blast 5 (enemies); +9 vs Fort; 1d6+4 acid damage, ongoing 5 acid & weakened (save ends).

Kruthik Princess Stats:
HP ? AC ? Ref ? Fort ? Will ?
- MBA: Claw +9 vs AC; 1d10+4 damage
- Hive Frenzy (Aura 2): Kruthik within the aura deal double damage with basic attacks.
- Acid Spray - recharge 5/6: +7 vs Fortitude; 2d6 acid damage & ongoing 5 acid + weakened (save ends both)

Kruthik Sentinel Stats:
HP 32 AC 16 Ref ? Fort ? Will ?
- MBA: Claw +7 vs AC; 1d8 damage and the target is grabbed. While grabbing a target, the Sentinel has +2 AC and Reflex, but can only attack the target grabbed. The target being grabbed takes 6 damage (instead of 2 damage) from it's Gnashing Horde aura if it ends its turn adjacent to the Kruthik Sentinel.
- Gnashing Horde (Aura 1): Enemies who END their turn adjacent to the Sentinel take 2 damage (see MBA above for exception).

Kruthik Swarm Stats:
HP 55 AC 15 Ref ? Fort ? Will ?
MBA: Claw +7 vs AC; 1d6 +2 damage.
Aura 1: Enemies who START their turn adjacent to the Kruthik swarm take 6 damage!

[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• Catastrophe - B3 - Round 3.jpg
    Catastrophe - B3 - Round 3.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 122

Remove ads