Catastrophe!

jbear

First Post
OOC: So we don't know the creature's Fortitude scores even though Corragan hit masses of them? And we don't know the damage monsters have received?

I know you are of the philosophy that it leads to meta-gaming ... but at this stage, does it matter?
Sorry, but it has all been very messy. You just have to read through the posts to see how many OOC comments litter the thread and the constant retconning that has gone on continually to see that. What ever speeds this towards its end is a blessing at this stage.

I'm going to add up the damage of creatures and figure it all out myself anyway ...

But I think this adventure gives fairly solid evidence in favour of being explicit with monster stats when playing 4e via pbp IMHO

[sblock=Combat Tracking]
Sentinel P45; already bloodied by Ignatz: Corrigan atks: 12 fort miss hit 26 10(+5dmg Dina) = DEAD
Sentinel was at P46 now at ?? 18 hit? 10+5 dmg 13 miss = possible 15 dmg; requires atk from Grasping Tide
Princess? Q44 20 hit? 10 +5dmg? 23 hit 10 +5 dmg = 15/30 dmg?; Requires atk from Grasping Tide
Sentinel Q46 now at ?? 23 hit 10+5 dmg 9 miss = 15 dmg; Requires atk from Grasping Tide
Swarm R44 20 hit 10+5 dmg 22 hit 10 +5 dmg = 30 dmg + vulnerable (+10 = 40 dmg?); Bloodied; requires atk from GTide
Sentinel: R45 18 hit? 10+5 dmg 25 hit 10 +5 dmg 23 hit 7dmg = 37 dmg = Dead

Logic: If sentinel at R45 is dead then 18 hit Fort. So Sentinel P46 was also hit and has 15 dmg and requires 1 atk from Grasping Tide

Next step: I think we need to know if Grasping Tide affected the kruthik so we know where they are really positioned and which attacks have/haven't taken place.

Each hit deals 10 damage and gives me an attack if they try and leave the squares around Q45: +8 vs. Reflex or knock them prone. This may mean 2 attacks vs some of the Kruthik.

If they attempted to move and were knocked prone their movement would be lost, right? And then they would need another move action to stand up. Let's check out the rules:

Rules Compendium p.195 said:
An immediate interrupt jumps in when its trigger occurs, taking place before the trigger finishes. If an interrupt invalidates a triggering action, the triggering action is lost.

Rules Compendium p.196 said:
An opportunity Action is similar to an immediate interrupt, but it can be taken once per turn, rather than once per round

So Corragan can't make 2 atks vs any kruthik even though they hit twice, as you can only take 1 OAction/turn, but she can attack each Kruthik that leaves the zone, and if hit, their movement action will stop and be lost and they'll be prone, and will have to use the other action to stand up. So pretty important to have that resolved as it's possible that many attacks are completely negated.

This will also affect which Kruthik Dina attacks with Magic Weapon.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: At the very least, it would be helpful to know how much damage each monster has taken. I have no idea if the sentinel that ended up next to me was wounded or not, which would be useful in planning my actions.

Medina

Explorer
OOC: Did the kruthiks that were hit by the blasts and left the zone have a secondary attack made against them. Some may have been knocked prone, unable to get to where they were.

OOC: [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] Just to reiterate, some of these Kruthik that were in the blast might have been subjected to two secondary attacks when they tried to leave the zone if they were hit twice, giving more opportunity to knock them prone. I think we need another update to confirm what happened with those attacks.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: CrimsonFlameWielder Just to reiterate, some of these Kruthik that were in the blast might have been subjected to two secondary attacks when they tried to leave the zone if they were hit twice, giving more opportunity to knock them prone. I think we need another update to confirm what happened with those attacks.

OOC: As jbear pointed out, the secondary attack is an opportunity action, which you can only take once per each creature's turn. So even those you hit twice, you will only get one chance to knock them prone.

OOC: Sorry guys! I actually forgot about the secondary attacks, so feel free to make them and let me know the outcome. Also, I did forget to put their updated stats in (I meant to just open it up since you've killed some of them and give you all of their stats.

Give me a moment to get those for you and I'll post them.

And for what it's worth, [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION], I think you're right. In the upcomming battles, I'm just going to let you guys have all of the monster defenses.

OOC:

Sentinels: HP 32; AC 16 Fort 14, Ref 16, Will 13

Swarm: HP 55; AC 15 Fort 15 Ref 15 Will 12; 1/2 damage from melee/ranged damage; vulnerable 5 from area/burst/blast attacks.

Princess: HP 110; AC 20, Fort 20, Ref 19, will 16

Queen: HP 148; AC 22, Fort 21, Ref 20, Will 17

Feel free to roll those secondary attacks and then I'll post a retcon update.

Medina

Explorer
OOC: I don't know which Kruthik are dead, or which is which, so I'm just going to roll against all of the Kruthik that were in the original area. If they're dead, or not leaving the area, then you can obviously ignore the roll. I think that hits all of them apart from the princess.

Last edited:

OOC: Sorry guys. I had two exams this week on top of several people out sick at work, leaving only two of us to do the job of six. I'll give you guys an update as soon as it is possible.

Remove ads