Catastrophe!

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar backs further away from the rest of the combatants and looses a bolt from his crossbow at the Queen.[sblock="actions"]Move: to W57
Standard: Magic weapon vs queen - hit for 4 damage (weakened)
Save vs weakened/slowed - Success[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +2, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 16, Will: 16
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 31/46, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 11, Surges Left: 4/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +5 vs AC - Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1: 1d8+1

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, [-]Shocking Feedback[/-], [-]Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture[/-], [-]Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula[/-], Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil, [-]Restorative Infusion[/-]
Item: Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (Encounter), Warmage's Uniform Leather Armor +1 (Daily), Alchemist's Fire (0/0), Tethercord (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 - 1d8+1 (Equipped)
Current magazine: 4 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 13

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +4 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
As his toad is torn apart by the Kruthik Corragan is dismayed at such a brief appearance. Shifting into a wolverines form he backs away from the Queen, moving to help free The Cursed One from his attackers.
OOC: @CrimsonFlameWielder I'm assuming that Corragan, in Q57, was out of range of the Queen's blast, and so has still taken 18/38 damage, and isn't suffering from the ongoing effects.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to M51
Minor: Wild Shape into animal form
Standard: Predators Flurry -->
Primary target in N52: HIT: 11 damage and dazed UEONT
Shift 3 squares to N54
Secondary target in N53 (flanking for CA): MISS - use Elven Accuracy: HIT: 17 damage, killing it.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Corragan
Initiative +5; Passive Insight 17 Passive Perception 24; Senses Low-Light
HP 38 Bloodied 19 Surge Value 9; Surges Per-Day 7
AC 18 Fortitude 13 Reflex 16 Will 18
Speed 8 Size Medium
Damage Taken: 18
Powers
Wild Shape, Savage Rend, Fire Hawk, Grasping Tide
Thorn Spray, Savage Bite, Predator's Flurry, Elven Accuracy, Surprise Strike, Battle Awareness
Summon Giant Toad
Action Points: 1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: At the end of Dina's turn, all monsters were in range of the eye, so remember to add the 5 psychic damage to Sha'kar's and Corragan's attacks.

jbear

First Post
OOC: When might we expect the next update [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] ? I'm really sorry to keep on harping on. This fight began on February the 22nd. And now it's May. And I think it's the third round, beginning of the fourth. If it has become a burden for you perhaps the judge could take over just to run out the combat and have us return the crystal to the ship. Anyway, just a suggestion.

With their forces dwindling rapidly, the Princess and the Queen decide that it was time to find a new home. With a shriek of frustration at the adventurers, the remaining Kruthik burrow quickly into the ground, leaving the chamber a wreckage of insectile bodies, broken pieces of egg shell, and rocks.

Dina's ring pounds on her finger, practically yanking her toward the blue glowing orb that rests near the large purple "throne" that the queen was sitting upon.

[sblock=end of combat] Thanks for putting up with my constant tardiness guys. There is more to this adventure if you want to continue, but I would completely understand if you wanted to halt at this point. School and work has kept me more than preoccupied in the last couple of months, so I apologize for the ever present delays in my posting. If you would like, we can make this the last encounter and you can search the area for treasure (I did say that I would try to get you guys caught up treasure wise). I'm thinking about restarting this adventure with another group and using the much-less-pretty, but much more effective Google Docs, rather than trying to keep track of everything myself, but I guess we'll see what happens. I'm usually a much better DM than this, so I'm sorry if my first PbP DMing has left a bad taste in your mouth.

Unless I hear otherwise, I will assume that this is the last encounter. Feel free to RP a bit and I'll get you guys back down to the ship. [/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I understand how it goes. My games have slowed down because of work. I'm ok with moving forward, especially where I'm not sure how quickly the character would find another adventure and I like playing this character.

In either case, I assume we'd be taking an extended rest. When you have a moment can you calculate the XP for battle. I do have some credits from a retired character to spend as well and possibly some DM credits from a game I am running.

VanderLegion

First Post
[sblock=end of combat] Thanks for putting up with my constant tardiness guys. There is more to this adventure if you want to continue, but I would completely understand if you wanted to halt at this point. School and work has kept me more than preoccupied in the last couple of months, so I apologize for the ever present delays in my posting. If you would like, we can make this the last encounter and you can search the area for treasure (I did say that I would try to get you guys caught up treasure wise). I'm thinking about restarting this adventure with another group and using the much-less-pretty, but much more effective Google Docs, rather than trying to keep track of everything myself, but I guess we'll see what happens. I'm usually a much better DM than this, so I'm sorry if my first PbP DMing has left a bad taste in your mouth.

Unless I hear otherwise, I will assume that this is the last encounter. Feel free to RP a bit and I'll get you guys back down to the ship. [/sblock]

Sha'kar looks around warily as the remaining Kru'thik burrow underground and disappear, afraid of some devious ploy. As some time passes and nothing happens, he relaxes slightly and begins exploring the chamber.

OOC: I'm up for continuing or ending the adventure, either way. Personally, I have 2 other characters in L4E adventures, and 1 in LEB, so if this goes slower it's not a huge deal for me, but I can understand if it is for others who are running less characters (or just want their games to move faster even if they are). I would recommend going with google docs like you said. It may be less pretty, but it makes everything far easier for everyone, since players can update it as they take actions so the rest of the people taking turns after can see exactly where everything is instead of having to go through each action and figure it out themselves, and it makes a bit less work for the DM (though I'd imagine you still have to go through and make sure everyone updated for their turns CORRECTLY, but that's easier than doing everything yourself from scratch).

jbear

First Post
OOC: I'd prefer to call it quits personally. I completely understand that your personal situation has interfered with your ability to keep the game moving. I can tell you are a good DM, the adventure began with great promise. A number of factors have messed with the flow of the game and the pace has dwindled into a painful trickle. I'd love to carry on, but I find the pace frustratingly slow. Without a commitment to 'picking it back up' I'd rather not continue. If there was that commitment (which I understand may not be possible) then I would happily continue. And I would be fine to switch to google docs though I don't really know what that entails.

Medina

Explorer
OOC: I'm in the happy either way camp as well. I like playing Corragan and although I'd like things to pick up pace a little, it does him no good to be sat in the Inn for a while. I think a switch to Google docs would be a good move; it makes keeping track of things much easier. If Son of Meepo has no objections, I'd recommend the spreadsheet he uses; I find that very intuitive and straight forward.

Remove ads