Catastrophe!

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: How close are you jbear? :)

CrimsonFlameWielder is right about time xp, at least that is how I've always done it. But if he wants to do it your way that is fine too, I don't think you would need a proposal for that.

I would vote no on a proposal to make it mandatory, since it would be too confusing to always implement it.

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION] Actually, I think it is a moot point! I've got my math wrong. It is 3250 to reach level 3. I counted up my xp rewards wrong as well, so TCO is still quite a long way off and I don't think time rewards at level 2 would make a difference.

TCO received 779 xp in time rewards and 1703 xp from the encounter rewards
By my count that gives a total of 2482.

I had acciddently counted it as 3482 and had remembered that it was 3500 xp to level 3. I thought I was 18 xp short! Ha! Not the case! *Blush*

Sorry for wasting your time. Hehe ... I think my subconscious really wanted to be level 3 still!!

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]

he ... hehe ...he ... me again! Summoning you both! :blush:

I'm having doubts again. I've reread the PHB and and it says 2250 xp for level 2, not 3250. I was adding level 2 and level 3 1000 xp + 2250 xp. But the chart is progressive, right? So only 2250 xp required for level 3, right?

The point remains moot because TCO has 2482 xp. So he is actually level 3, right? Without having to mess around with time xp rates at all? Am I going mad? :D

Please tell me that THIS time I've got it right!

Edit: Feeling more certain that TCO is level 3 now; if that is the case, would that affect his treasure rewards?
Edit: Sorry to be a pain CFW, but would you be all right with it if TCO was to be gifted Dazzling Plate instead of the Scorpion Plate. As TCO is more of a ranged defender it comes up less that he wants enemies stuck next to him. And the poison keyword means its no good vs undead. But the Dazzling Plate would make a sweet combo to drop that in amongst a bunch of enemies before bailing out of there with Otherwind Stride. Especially if I had marked them all before hand with Valorous Smite and AP Otherwind Stride.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
That is correct, 2250 (total) for level 3.

The way to remember it is that if you went out and defeated 10 monsters of your current level all on your own, you would gain just enough xp to reach the next level.

level 1 monster = 100 xp so 1000 to get from 1 to 2.
level 2 monster = 125 xp so +1250 more (2250 total) to get from 2 to 3.
level 3 monster = 150 xp so +1500 more (3750 total) to get from 3 to 4.

Last edited:

That will definitely change the treasure earned by TCO. I have to head out for an event tonight, but if you have any preferences on what you would like to receive, send me a PM or place your preference here. I'll update the first post with some more goodies tomorrow.

[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]: I have updated the first post to reflect a more accurate count of what your treasure should be. Honestly I was a bit stumped as to what to give you for extras, so I decided that I would let you take your pick by giving you extra gold instead of an extra item. Also, as per our PM conversation, I changed the Scorpion Carapace armor to the Dazzling Plate armor of the same level, which wasn't an issue at all since the cost was exactly the same. So you are now at a wealth level of 5,000/6,700, which is just about 1/2 way between what you should be at the end of 2nd level and the end of 3rd level.

Thanks for playing, see you in the Hanged Man!

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] Sorry mate. I'm going to pester you one last time :D

With the treasure, can we change the +1 amulet of protection for a +1 Spidersilk mantle and deduct the difference from the gp total. I'm going to want to upgrade that pretty much immediately, but when I sell the Amulet I'll only get 20% of the value, so I'll lose out on quite a bit of money? Or have I understood the treasure system incorrectly? If I have just let me know. Thanks heaps! J

[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] That's no problem at all. I'll simply take out the Amulet of Protection and add 360gp to your total, that way you can buy whichever item you were wanting. I had the amulet there because it was on your wishlist. So consider it done.

Remove ads