Caves of Chaos (Group 1, PF) - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Remember that goblins were only a small part of the creatures that attacked and stole the staff. There were larger humanoids also. I bet when we find where the bugbears or gnolls are hidden we will find that staff." Quentin says as he finishes cleaning his weapon.

"But till then which way?" he asks indicating the hallway to the north and the open door to the west.

OOC: I like having an NPC to help "prod" the PCs along :)

Rhydius

First Post
"Alright," says Cid as he puts away his bow, "the room it is. You want me to check it out first, or are there any other volunteers?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Advancing a bit...

The door to the chieftain's room is still ajar and Cid finds nothing to say that it is trapped, so most of the group venture into the room.

Quentin taking the lead automatically mentions the smell although it is something no one can miss. "It's as rank as an outhouse in here." he says moving one hand to his face to cover his nose. "I think I'll guard the corridor outside while you all search. Have fun."

With a quick exit he leaves the others in the doorway to the ugly, cluttered, dirty room.

At a quick glance it is certainly "richer" by goblin standards than the other. Several rugs cover the floor, some were once fine and plush, but years of wear and tear have made them nearly worthless. Others seem to be made of any animal skin the goblins can find. Fox, squirrel, and beaver are mixed with dog, cow, and even one horse skin.

Along the south wall are mounted over thirty animal and humanoid skulls. Everything from rats to wolves, and goblins to humans rest on the trophy wall.

Against the west wall sits an enormous canopied bed covered with silk sheets and sporting elaborately carved posts and headboard. The sheets are soiled and frayed and the carvings, once nymphs and dryads at play, has been chipped (mostly beheaded), scratched, and ruined. In the northeast corer is a padded chair and rickety desk that both must have once been antique. Near the desk mounted on the north wall is a blanket that has been turned into a map of the city and the planned attack to steal the staff.

OOC: If giving the place a good search (i.e. taking 20) let me know who wants to do that and who wants to roll aid another checks.

Attachments

• CoC chief's room.jpg
    CoC chief's room.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 126

rangerjohn

Explorer
"I think this is your area of expertise is it not?" the elf says looking to Cid.

OOC: Balthasar will attempt to aid another.

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Kara does her part, nosing around the room, but seems to be taking her cues from Sid.

[sblock=ooc] Rolling PER to Aid other.

Sorry I have been out of touch. Hurricane Sandy paid us a visit and we lost power. Thankfully, myself and my family are OK. My 10 and 11 year olds were introduced to an antique piece of technology called a battery-powered radio (no joke, they could not remember ever having used one!).
[/sblock]

Rhydius

First Post
Cid stares at the "trophy wall" for a moment. He snorts and turns back to Balthasar saying, "Alright, let's see... You take a look along that wall," he indicates Balthasar should inspect the south wall, "Kara give me hand looking over this interesting bit of decor," indicating the skulls "Quentin, Dorian, please make sure nothin' sneaks up through the door." He says almost as an afterthought "Should'a taken me up on that bet, Bal."[sblock=ooc]Not trying to push orders on anyone, just something Cid would say in the situation.[/sblock][sblock=Actions]Take 20 on the search. 20 +5 (PER) +2 (Aid) = 27[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
52054d1340651610-caves-chaos-group-1-pf-ic-cid-face.jpg
attachment.php

Cididien 'Cid' Starion
Initiative: +4
Current Effects: None
AC: 17 (13 Flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 18/18
Move: 30'
CMB: +2 CMD: 16
Fort: +1 Reflex: +7 Will: +0
Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Weapons:
Dagger: Attack: +05 Damage: 1d4+1
Rapier(MW): Attack: +06 Damage: 1d6+1
Shortbow: Attack: +05 Damage: 1d6
Normal Arrows (19)
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Kara obligingly sets to looking at the skulls. She seems unperturbed by their presence, as if she had grown up in a strange laboratory surrounded by preserved exotic specimens.

[sblock=ooc]
Already made my roll, this is just flavor text. :)[/sblock]

Remove ads