• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Caves of Chaos (Group 1, PF) - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The searching goes slow but bears great fruit as Cid and Kara pull out a large sea chest from under the goblin's bed. Made of hard oak and bound in brass the old chest weighs a great deal and the sound of coins clinking together can be heard inside.

While Balthasar searches the desk he notices a magical rune on a piece of parchment that was crumbled up and thrown on the floor. The discarded scroll was probably of no use to the goblin chief.

Rhydius

First Post
"Good point, let me see," Cid says to Kara as he looks at the chest. He leans down slowly putting some of his weight on the top of the chest, then running his fingers meticulously over first the hinges, then fastener, occasionally knocking on the wood and placing his ear to the top. While checking over the chest he says somewhat in Balthasar's direction "You know the bet I made earlier..." He stops for a moment then continues, "when the big goblin showed up... offered good odds too..."[sblock=ooc]I hate when i get two rolls. Especially when they're this low.:)[/sblock][sblock=Actions][/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
52054d1340651610-caves-chaos-group-1-pf-ic-cid-face.jpg
attachment.php

Cididien 'Cid' Starion
Initiative: +4
Current Effects: None
AC: 17 (13 Flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 18/18
Move: 30'
CMB: +2 CMD: 16
Fort: +1 Reflex: +7 Will: +0
Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Weapons:
Dagger: Attack: +05 Damage: 1d4+1
Rapier(MW): Attack: +06 Damage: 1d6+1
Shortbow: Attack: +05 Damage: 1d6
Normal Arrows (19)
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Kara waits patiently, watching her companion expectantly. The fact that she has pulled her healing potion into her hand suggests a certain lack of confidence in Cid's abilities, however.

OOC: No action, just flavor. The chest is Cid's problem.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Looking closely at the scroll, Balthasar attempts to decipher it.

OOC: 2 ranks + 3 class skill + 4 intelligence + 2 elf. So that get's up to fifth level.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

"I trust your abilities Cid, but I also pray for your success." Dorian declares and invokes the magic of prayer.

[sblock=OOC]

using guidance on Cod multiple times (after each check).

---

HP: 13/13

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

CLW Wand Charges: 49/50
Channel Positive Energy: 3/4

Enlarge: 5/5
Predator's Grace: 4/5

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person[/sblock]

Rhydius

First Post
"I appreciate the vote of confidence," Cid says letting out a sigh, "No traps so far, let's get this open."[sblock=ooc]Taking 20 on the unlock, but rolling for it as well to keep things going in case it's not applicable.[/sblock][sblock=Actions]Unlocking, and opening chest.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
attachment.php

Cididien 'Cid' Starion
HP: 18/18
Weapon in Hand: None

Weapons:
Dagger: Attack: +05 Damage: 1d4+1
Rapier(MW): Attack: +06 Damage: 1d6+1
Shortbow: Attack: +05 Damage: 1d6
Normal Arrows (19)
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Cid works on the lock and after a few minutes he gets it to snap open. Carefully lifting the lid he suddenly jumps back as a rusty blade sprigs out towards his fingers. Not quick enough to evade the blade it cuts deep into the back of his hand.

OOC: DMG = 7 pts. and a FORT save please

Rhydius

First Post
"CAYDEN'S BEARD!" he shouts in response to the pain. Holding his wounded hand in the other he kicks the chest.[sblock=ooc][/sblock][sblock=Actions][/sblock] [sblock=Mini Stats]
attachment.php

Cididien 'Cid' Starion
HP: 11/18
Weapon in Hand: None

Weapons: