Caves of Chaos (no edition wars) - Discussion

Walking Dad

First Post
Posted my interest there (and also asked for interest in the closed down 5e playtests to do something similar). Other than that, I would suggest to uses some free retroclones. The rules are easily to obtain and free and no one has to search his (her?) basement for hours to find the old D&D stuff. Maybe I will chime in later and run it for Savage Worlds.

Retroclones and their original:

Labyrinth Lord (B/X)
Dark Dungeons (BECMI)
LL Advanced Edition Companion (1e)
OSRIC (1e)
For Gold & Glory (2e)
S&W Whitebox (Whitebox)

---

Edit: Memories... sadly nothing to share. I started with AD&D 2e, but played mostly Dark Sun and Ravenloft.

Walking Dad

First Post
HM, I would prefer a free system for this. Easier to find other gamers, unless it it really liked or run on the publisher's site. That said, I would really like to try Dungeoncrawls Classics from Goodman Games.

rbingham2000, nice to see another interested :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Free game? I just downloaded the pdf for the whitebox you were talking about and am excited about that system. Took me back to my BECMI days.

Looking at the Goodman's Games site now.

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
DCC isn't free, it is rather expansive for a pdf IMHO, but it has some very nice ideas, like using zocchi dice (or whatever d14 etc are called).

Walking Dad

First Post
Maybe you should make another recruitment thread, which lists the system (and has the word "recruitment" in it). BTW, I got a spot in r1g's 5e playtest :) would be interesting to see the same adventure played with different systems.

renau1g

First Post
Hi Holyman, as WD pointed out, I was able to start my 5e playtest. As a result, my plate got pretty full. I'm going to back out of your Caves of Chaos game (if you're ok with that) now as the game hasn't started yet, and perhaps allow WD to take my spot? I'd rather back away than slow down the cool-looking group you've got formed there.

Remove ads