• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies AP OOC -- COMPLETE

We are coming up on the year mark for this game. I've done a considerable amount of digesting lately what I want from my gaming activity. Mainly, I intend to set all my games in 5e. I'd like one long term game and then a series of short term one-offs, much like the Castle Amber game I'm fixing to run from October 1 to November 1. The short term games will have hard and fast expiration dates. I recognize in myself that the ability to change out settings keeps my creative energy juiced and is what sustains a long term game. And long term games are what make friendships and connection, which are also important to me.

Here's my plan for how I'm going to re-arrange my plate to achieve my goal of one long term 5e game and a series of short term 5e games. Starting November 1, my Stonefast game becomes my priority so that it can reach conclusion. We'll still be doing Grim Frequencies during that time period. When Stonefast concludes, I'll focus on getting Grim Frequencies where it needs to go. We've basically had a series of short missions strung together for Grim Frequencies, so we'll be able to conclude neatly. I don't have a timeline per se for this, sorry. More just a plan of action now that my headspace is organized.

That is currently undecided, though I am still leaning heavily toward Out of the Abyss. I've been slowly but steadily acquiring all the support pieces I think I would need to do a top-notch job running it (MS Office (maps!) for the laptop I replaced in March, Jared Blando's digital maps keyed to the adventure, the PHB, DMG, and MM).

But I also recognize the timeline for my master plan may shift things. I think it'll take us a decent bit of time to complete Stonefast. And it'll be another decent bit of time to wrap up Grim Frequencies. I'm pretty juiced to do an Underdark campaign, have been for a couple of years, but will allow for a change of heart in the intervening months depending on what's current in the gaming world. I've also, for example, been keen to do something pulpy (NOT campy), with dark horror. Pretty amusing--probably only to me--since I'm a person who doesn't appreciate horror movies. At all. The written word, though, that's different.

Changing gears, what are some things that interest you guys?

Shayuri

First Post
Doh! One of the ones I'm not in! *forehead slap*

Well, there's some time, perhaps.

I have a broad palette of interests. I really like modern/futuristic settings, but I'm much more about good groups than any specific setting or story type.

Forged Fury

First Post
I really hope WotC gets some other settings rolled out. I loved Eberron in 3.5 and Dark Sun in 2E. With that said, I would love to see a 5E version of Star Frontiers. It was an old TSR setting and got a bit of support in 3E at some point in time. It's basically Star Wars without the canon baggage.

Have you played Diaspora, [MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION]? I tried it with a neat group of folks this past weekend, and had a complete and total ball. We did cluster creation and character creation via Google docs, with chat as we drafted. It might be right up your alley--like Star Wars without all the cannon.

Forged Fury

First Post
I've seen it, but I'm not typically a hard sci-fi fan. But I'll look more into it. I've never played FATE based games, so I should probably get more familiar with them.

One of the two Diaspora lead designers is an EN Worlder who I believe you know. :) If ever you take a look at the system and decide you're interested to know more, let me know if you want an introduction.

EDIT: I think it might well be popular misconception that Diaspora is only for hard science. It certainly wasn't on Saturday when we created the cluster and characters. I'm new to it, though, so I could be wrong but I think it adapts very well to any setting.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads