D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Guran asks, "Is anyone injured enough to need a rest to patch up? If not, we can head across the hall to the room on the opposite side -- or elsewhere as desired."

He thinks for a moment, and for another moment before adding, "We passed some doors on the way here without opening them. Do we want to check them all, or is it better to skip around?"

Forged Fury

First Post
"We should probably check them. While it's not perfect, I don't like the idea of leaving a potential foe at our backs." Fulgrim said, nodding to himself sagaciously. "I'm okay to keep moving."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Colden

Colden kicks some of the trash around, as he had suspected it had been picked clean a long time ago.
"I inclined the same way Fulgrim, I suggest we keep pushing on." He straps his shield on and unsheaths his handaxe and gets ready to head out. "Should we barricade that door now?" he asks pointing to the other door in the room.

There is enough refuse in the room that it can be moved and stacked against a door to create a barricade. The doors you have encountered so far have all opened outward toward the hallway and corridor.

Forged Fury

First Post
Fulgrim pauses to consider the question. "Let us wait to barricade the door. I'm fairly confident it comes out in the hallway to our south. But if we do decide to take a rest within the halls of Stonefast, that room may be our best option. Duly noted."

"Let's make our way to the west and clear the rooms along our path. I believe there is a door just outside of this room."

OOC: It looks like you would all like to check out more doors before you take your first rest. Please specify a door. Options include the door directly across the corridor, any of the doors back in the west-east hallway, or any of the new doors in the new hallway just to your south. There are others, of course, but those are the closest options. Please consult Forged Fury's excellent map in the OOC and let me know.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Fulgrim pauses to consider the question. "Let us wait to barricade the door. I'm fairly confident it comes out in the hallway to our south. . . .

Upon hearing of Fulgrim's confidence about the south door of the market room, and having retrieved his torch from the sconce on the east wall, Guran offers to go out the south door, west along the corridor, and meet the rest of the party at the closed door opposite the one by which they entered the market room. "I'll see you at the door on the west side of the hall," he says to them. He then goes to the indicated south door, opens it into the passage (if it's unlocked), and turns to his right to follow it to the short North-South hallway in order to rejoin the rest of the crew at the middle doors there.

Guran checked the south door and, finding it unlocked, pulled it open. Directly opposite the open door was a stone wall, and then to the left (east) a narrow 5' north-south corridor started. Guran could see from the open doorway that the north-south corridor was at the end of the new west-east hallway that he currently faced. Guran carefully stuck his head down the north-south corridor and noted that it extended 35' to the south, and had a room with an open door on the west wall about 25' down.

Guran returned his attention to the new west-east hallway. He saw that it stretched to the west, well beyond the limits of his vision, and was 5' wide. He saw a door about 45' away on the north wall of the hallway. About 10' beyond that door was a ten-foot-wide corridor that headed north. And 15' after the corridor was another door on the north wall of the hallway.

Once Guran headed west, he could see further down the long hallway, and made out yet another ten-foot-wide corridor heading north, at the very far end of the new west-east hallway. He didn't see an end to the west-east hallway, but there might have been a narrow opening of some sort down at the west end of the hallway, on the southern wall. He saw nothing moving in the west-east hallway.

Once Guran returned to the north-south corridor and rejoined the others, he saw Roscoe using the blunt side of a weapon to push against the closed door on the west wall of the corridor. The door didn't budge. It's had a knob, so presumably it pulled outward and opened into the hallway.

Please state where each of you stands in relation to the closed door on the west wall.

[MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION], this is Father Spec's introduction. It's cheesy, I know, but then again this is a fairly cheesy adventure. Have fun!

Father Spec put down the oilcloth sack he'd been inspecting, and scratched his head. The sack was a mystery. It was suspiciously heavy, for starters. Father had weighed it and found that it weighed fifteen pounds. At two feet wide and four feet long, it was larger than other more common sacks. And it was oilcloth, too. A definite boon in wet weather. The unusual weight, size, and fabric weren't the more intriguing of the sack's features, however. Father had absent mindedly put into the sack three quivers--each with 20 arrows--of shortbow arrows, a greatsword, a shortbow, twelve days of trail rations, his own backpack full of gear, and various and sundry personal accoutrement before he realized just how much he'd stuffed in there. Testing his theory, Father wantonly stuffed an entire small-sized wooden chest into the sack. It fit! The sack swallowed the whole chest.

What happened next would cause Father to ponder for years. He reached into the sack to remove the chest. When his hand touched the wood of the chest, however, he felt a tug inside his stomach, and the walls of his room started to ripple and haze. Before Father could cry out or extract his hand from the sack, he felt his body being squeezed violently. The tugging on his stomach increased to the point of nausea. Father conked out.

When Father woke up, he was lying prone on a hard floor in a pitch black room that smelled like dust and mildew. Feeling gingerly with his fingertips, Father could make out joined masonry on the floor, which was smooth. Stonework. Very fine quality stonework, by the feel of it. A dungeon, perhaps? But no, dungeons rarely had such good masonry. Still, there were no windows. And no light source, rather unlike his own room. After a few moments of inky silence, Father heard a strange high-pitched constant sort of whining or rumbling somewhere very near his right ear. Father thought he could just make out some sort of large unwieldy thing five feet to his right.[sblock=Merry Christmas, All]The oilcloth sack is a bag of holding I. And it has not only all of Father's equipment as stated on his character sheet, but also the items I list above. It is my hope that the bag will become party treasure, but if not I will find ways to compensate.[/sblock]

Remove ads