• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury

First Post
"Bees? What bees?" Fulgrim asked as he pushed his way into the room and hugged the southern portion of the east wall, just in case this human meant harm. Directing his question at Father Spec, the dwarf asked, "You're inside Stonefast, a former dwarven outpost. How are you unable to recall how you got here?"

OOC: With a Passive Perception check of 12, I think the only people who actually notice the bees/beehive are Guran and Father Spec

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Hmm. How unusual. It's an interesting question, actually: I don't recall how I don't recall, only that I don't, if you see what I mean. I was investigating this sack here..." (he lowers his mace and lifts the sack, with a small grunt) "...and here I was. I don't suppose you could help me get out of here? Or at least out of this room. There are bees under this table, for some reason. They seem quiet now, but who knows what might set them off."

Forged Fury

First Post
Fulgrim looked under the table, finally noticing the large beehive descending from the underside. All thoughts and concerns about the human fled his mind. Bees and swarms in general had always disquieted him. The Ironfist clan had once had to fend off a hive of giant ants that had burrowed into their Hold. The stories of the fighting were filled with tales of horror, guard posts being overrun by an unending tide of chitinous terrors.

Sizing the hive up, he said, "I'm not positive, but if we open up the north door, we may be able to relocate the nest into one of the rooms we've already investigated and then close the door. The question is whether we can do it without upsetting the hive. I may have some magic that could help."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Colden gives the crazy man a wide berth as he enters the room. "Bees?" he asks. "What bees?"
Looking under the table he notices the hive.

"I'm no bug scholar, but don't bees need flowers or something to make honey?" he scratches his faces as his mind plays tricks on him and he is convinced he can feel thousands of tiny little legs crawling over his skin.

With a shudder he asks "Maybe we should leave them along and move on, I am not sure I like the idea of bees that dwell underground for some reason."

A trickle of bees buzzes out of the hive and fans out into the room. One lands on Father Spec's shoulder. The thrumming hum from inside the hive increases in pitch just a hair.[sblock=Wisdom (Perception) 12]Three bees flit to a crack in the masonry joining a pair of flagstones on the floor. One after the other, the three tuck in their wings and crawl through the very narrow crack, disappearing from sight.[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Yes. Yes indeed. Thank you. It would seem that they're able to move through a crack in the floor -- perhaps it's a passageway. Or a goblin nest." He sniffs the air, with a furrowed brow, and -- ensuring he has all that he arrived here with -- he slowly makes his way to the door, hoping the dungeon bee will fly away.

Remove ads