• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

OOC: I agree with Forged Fury and Kobold Stew that the Dex check with Advantage and proficiency with thieves' tools should go at 1d20+4 for both rolls.

With Spec looking on, Guran used a pick to lock the door to Room 11. The door bolted shut with a satisfying click. When Guran tried the handle, it wouldn't depress.

OOC: Where to now, folks?

Forged Fury

First Post
In a low voice, Fulgrim said, "Let's check closest door first. We may need to be quiet... I think I hear something down the hallway to the south."

OOC: You mentioned an ajar door down the south hallway. How far down is it? I'm updating the map.

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
After locking the door, Guran rejoins the others and says, "Where to next?"

Seeing gestures pointing eastward down the 5-foot-wide hallway where the others are, Guran then asks, "Uh, could the rest of you keep at least 10 feet behind me, so I can leap backward if I need to? Alright?"

Having said that, he carefully advances toward the open door seen in the distance by the light of whatever light the party is using right now. (If Guran is still holding a torch that works, then he gives it to one of the others in order to avoid casting moving shadows that would visually advertise his advance.)

Skarsgard

Explorer
Trying not to clunk to much in his heavy armour, COlden falls in-line with the rest of the group. He draws his handaxe and smiles.

[roll0]

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Oh, we're going down the hall? OK, no big deal. I thought we might tackle the closed doors that are now behind us first. We can return to them, if needed.

Guran handed the torch to Colden. The dwarf didn't need torchlight to see by, not even in the dark of Stonefast, and, besides, the light shed by Father Spec's spellcraft provided ample light to see by for those with lesser eyes.

Guran crept down the narrow corridor. Colden followed but kept 10' of space between himself and Guran. The occasional thud and clank of Colden's boots and armor brushing against the stonework walls and on the floor reverberated up and down the passageway.

The door in the corridor was, as promised, ajar. No light came from the new room (Room 12). Guran sidled up to the open door--well-crafted oak with metal bands on the exterior--peered inside the room. His view, however, was impeded by a blockade of broken furniture and barrels that had been jumbled in a large heap just inside the doorframe.

Remove ads