• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

Maybe it is better not to leave closed doors behind us, after all the Orc that fled could barricade himself with others in these rooms, waiting for a chance to leap out and surprise us and flanks us from several room.
Roscoe suggest

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Fulgrim urges everyone to be quiet, and Father Spec nods knowingly. "Good plan," he approves. They proceed down the corridor, with him safely in the middle of the group, his mace still hanging from his belt loop and his shield held high.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
a blockade of broken furniture and barrels that had been jumbled in a large heap just inside the doorframe.

Seeing the blockade, Guran turns to face the rest of the party and holds up one hand, palm forward, to indicate a pause. He returns to the party and whispers a description of what he saw in the doorway. His description includes his guess that, "Stuff looks flammable. They're ready for us."

Spec, Fulgrim, and Roscoe clustered at the north end of the narrow corridor. Guran and Colden, who delved furthest forward while investigating the open door in the narrow southern-leading corridor, are the first to detect a flickering change in the light. A split second later, however, everyone became aware that Spec's light was competing with torchlight. Somewhere beyond the dogleg at the end of the corridor, shadows played and curled where a torch glowered. The muttering of harsh voices reverberated in the corridor, growing at an alarming clip in both decibel and pitch. The multitude of voices ceased abruptly, and were replaced by a soft rhythmic chanting. Whatever this new threat was, it lay beyond the dogleg at the far end of the corridor.

OOC: Roll initiative, all of you, and provide an action for your character.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: OK, no surprise round, then. . . .

Guran's Initiative:
[roll0]

Guran's Non-Action #1: Guran silently curses his lack of foresight about acquiring a set of ear-plugs to insert into his ears, to prevent his mind from getting taken over by the chanting.
Guran's Non-Action #2: He suggests to Colden that the party retreat around the corner -- because whoever is coming appears confident (justly so?) of being able to confront the party.
Guran's action for the first round: [another post]

OOC: Yes, there is a surprise round. The actions that I requested from each of you in post #605 are actions that I intend to post as a surprise round. My apology for the lack of clarity.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Ah! OK, I see; and I, for my part, apologize for my lack of understanding. I had assumed -- bad habit, I know -- that surprise rounds happen before Initiative is rolled; but of course it doesn't have to happen that way. . . .

This information will figure into the action that I have yet to select for Guran. (I'm still thinking; I need more coffee.) . . . (Of course Guran doesn't get any coffee; but he couldn't even if he wanted, where he is. :) )

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Spec initiative [roll0].

action to be decided soon after seeing the roll and perhaps some ooc chat
OOC: OOC: are we fighting? Spec might be able to get us mostly unharmed to the other side of the barrier. Should I try?

Remove ads