• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

Fulgrim finds a vellum-bound book with onion-skin pages on which a history is printed with wood block illustrations. The pages are delicate, and more than one crumbles into pieces as he handles the book, but a cursory look is enough to tell the dwarf wizard that the tome contains a telling of the dwarves' fortunes while Stonefast was held under siege during the Great Orc Wars. The hold was nearly obliterated; only a handful of dwarves remained at the end to hold, and they ultimately abandoned Stonefast and its riches. The scribe is a dwarf by the name of Gorrim Fimdurmunnalkak; he and five of his brethren held the keep for eight months, according to the book in Fulgrim's hands.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Re: No non-lethal damage at range -- Thanks for the explanation! I'm still having to learn these things.

Guran goes to retrieve his thrown light hammer, then moves to the wall to try to see where the rat entered the ossuary. He looks for hidden doors, in case there's a room they can only reach from there.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Fulgrim stowed the book in his backpack. The stories of those brave dwarves must be retold and it was up to him to get it back out into the world.

Skarsgard

Explorer
It took Colden a moment to realise the rat had something in its mouth and hearing the scuttling in the walls.

"Do you think these walls might be thin enough to break through?" he asks. "Maybe something is buried in the wall?"

Guran examined the portion of the wall where the rat had come through. It didn't appear there was anything irregular about the wall; the rat or rats had likely, in the way common to their species, chewed through a means of ingress to whatever lair they had in the dead spaces of the hold.

ETA:Wow, I realized after the fact that I'd inadvertently punned. Shades of tuxgeo at work here, folks.

Remove ads