Ceramic DM - Spring 2005 (Late Bloomer) - Signups complete

BSF

Explorer
You know, a lot of people talk about the Elements of Style and how good it is. But I must confess that I have not yet been able to read through the book.

Of course, I have never won a Ceramic DM.

Hmm, that is probably not just a coincidence. Maybe I ought to sit down and try to read through it again. ;)

FireLance

Legend
Hi all, just got back from a 3-day break with the wife and kids, so I've got a few issues to address.

Picture posting preference: Wednesday for me as I'm about half a day ahead and that gives me a Saturday/Sunday finish.

Smack Talk: Sorry to douse anybody's proposed victory speech with a cold shower, but lance shrinkage doesn't bother me because I'm only using my hands for this competition. My +5 keen, holy, flaming burst lance is for use against trolls only.

Resources: I'm pretty fond of using Wikipedia for ideas, background information, facts and inspiration.

I can't smack talk. I have friends for that. Seriously, when one of your friends writes advertising for Adult Swim, you don't really have a chance to claim comedy as your niche in the peer group. Your insults hold no sway over me.

Don't make me get my players to come here and trash talk you.

WinnipegDragon

First Post
Quick note, the next alternate just got I spot because I am dropping out.

2 reasons; my wife's granfather just suffered a massive stroke and we are basically waiting for the call in the hospital any time now, and secondly the bickering and ego display in this thread for the last couple of days has totally turned me off the competition anyways.

I'll watch and read the entries, good luck to all competitors, but I'm out. Sorry.

Sorry about the illness in the family. The bickering has been atypical. The trash-talk is pretty normal, but I hope that doesn't stop anyone from competing. *That's* all in good fun.

FireLance

Legend
Sorry to hear that, WinnipegDragon. :(

Anyway, if you're referring to the smacktalk, well, I personally just take it with a generous serving of nonexistant rolleyes smiley. If you're referring to something else, it's not a normal part of this competition (at least, not the last two that I participated in).

BSF

Explorer
Winnipegdragon,
I am sorry to hear about your wife's grandfather. I hope the best for him and for your family.

For everyone else, that drops us back down to 11 competitors. We do not currently have an alternate. I am satisfied with running a 3x3x3x2 bracket for the first round if we do not have any other volunteers. but I would like to confirm that nobody minds one group being paried off.

So right now we have the following:
Judges: BardStephenFox, Maldur, Rodrigo Istalindir, Macbeth

Competitors:
  1. Firelance
  2. Berandor
  3. MarauderX
  4. Herreman the Wise
  5. reveal
  6. RangerWickett
  7. Speaker
  8. Bibliophile
  9. BigTom