Ceramic DM - Spring 2005 (Late Bloomer) - Signups complete

orchid blossom

Explorer
I was on the other side of the airplane in distress picture. It was the one that was kind of out of place with the others, although I suppose with the piano falling from the sky picture in there as well, a "things dropping from the sky" theme might have worked.

I was in one round where the pictures were of just generic people dressed up in renaissance/fantasy clothes standing there. That was the hardest for me. What really gives me a hard time though is when the pictures obviously take place in several different locations, which makes it hard to get around taking your story to several different locations. Then you have to worry not only about getting your story from story point A to story point B, you have to figure that out while forcing things to happen in several different places. Blech.

Good luck everyone, I'll be watching!

Berandor

lunatic
I dislike pictures that are too specific, i.e. less open to interpretation. A burning airplane (to take that example) is a burning airplane. Other pictures leave themselves far more open to interpretation. As a writer, I like that freedom, as a reader, I like to be surprised what the contestants make of a picture, and the more open the picture, the more likely am I to be surprised.

My favorite story that I can think of (there may be one that I forgot) is Piratecat's "Jabberwockies". I wasn't a fan of his "Iconography", on the other hand, which everbody else seems to love :)

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
I have a feeling Pkitty would say hands and globes.

I think the pictures all depend upon who is running the competition. It seems, to me at least, that if Clay is running things, the pictures are going to be extra wierd. Whether that makes it harder or easier depends upon your style.

MarauderX

Explorer
Ah, democracy, putting everything to a vote!

For the judging 'issue': why don't the players vote for who they want to judge from among the available? Usually it's a short list so there isn't much debate, but it might be helpful if there are those who would like commentary from certain sources. And it would clearly let people know who they want from among the available choices, making a 4-page thread much shorter.

When I want my pics: Is Monday the 20th too much of a delay? Anything before that would prove detrimental to my other secret life. And I think most know that I don't care how long the judges take to deliberate and generate comments; if someone needs more than four days, I vote for cutting them slack and chewing out the impatient. Not that that gains me any points with the judges...

BSF

Explorer
I can slate you for the Sunday pictures or the Tuesday pictures. For the first round I am really trying to keep it to a schedule so everyone knows what to expect. Second round on will be a little more flexible.

As for a pool of judges, I am not sure it would work very well. Consistency between each match and round is important.

tadk

Explorer
I would like to participate

hello all

I am signing up for it looks like an alternate spot in the Ceramic DM contest
I take it from the lack of links that the images only go to the participants
Which makes sense
thanks for the time,
btw gaming for 23 some odd years, 42 male, married, live in Florida right now, mostly write SF and poetry.

Tad

MarauderX

Explorer
BardStephenFox said:
I can slate you for the Sunday pictures or the Tuesday pictures. For the first round I am really trying to keep it to a schedule so everyone knows what to expect. Second round on will be a little more flexible.

As for a pool of judges, I am not sure it would work very well. Consistency between each match and round is important.

Assuming you are talking to me, I'll take Tuesday the 21st, unless I'm assuming incorrectly... and everyone knows what happens when you ass-u-me something.

Hellefire

First Post
Tad,

The links are posted here for everyone to see, but they won't be posted until the coordinators get everyone's desired start days and set up matches, at which time pics will be posted and time stamped.

Aaron

p.s. How are all the victi...er...other contestants doing? :)

Remove ads