• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CG vs. CN: Chaotic Good Is Victorious!

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
well enervating breath is an 8th level spell, and requires you to have a breath weapon, so its entitled to some brokenness. Compared to energy drain, you get a (really hard) save, but loose SR protection. The drain is temporary like enervention (I think). Okay the area affect would put it way over the top vs adventurers.

Vorel will fly up to 0n15e30z turn and continue 30n5e50z then cast Heal.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
well enervating breath is an 8th level spell, and requires you to have a breath weapon, so its entitled to some brokenness. Compared to energy drain, you get a (really hard) save, but loose SR protection. The drain is temporary like enervention (I think). Okay the area affect would put it way over the top vs adventurers.
Energy Drain (ED) has no save (who cares about the following day? that's why there's restoration), but allows spell resistance. The big deal about this is that it's essentially a quickened energy drain with an area effect.

I've personally banned enervation anyway (it's WAY too strong). Any spell that TOTALLY screws over spellcasters, much more so than any other class, is broken by definition. It doesn't just kill you, it complete removes a great number, if not all, of your highest level capabilities. Imagine injuring a fighter like this where suddenly he couldn't use any feats, including weapon/armor proficiency. GP gained 7 negative levels, so if he were a direct spellcaster, he would lose 7 of his highest-level spells, like say three 9th and four 8th. Is there any other spell/effect that duplicates JUST that one side effect? What level would it be that causes you to lose three 9th and four 8th level spells?

Infiniti2000

First Post
General Prometheus moves to 55n70e (off the Victory Zone) and concentrates, then reaches out to touch Crabby. Gansk will let you know what happens, if anything.

[sblock] Cast etherealness, hopefully taking Crabby with me. Yes, I know one more round and I "win", but there's no way I could keep him out next round and maybe the last thing I would need is Vorel in my face. I have one shot . . . [/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
GP disappears, Crabby stays visible (29-7 CL check).

Vorel:[sblock]You can see GP on the ethereal plane.[/sblock]

Vorel starts round 22.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Vorel, like Evilhafling and GP will vanish. I don't think this dissapearnce will last a week though :heh:
[sblock] cast greater invis and then swoop to 60n50e25z and check for invisble things. If none he will circle back to land at 75n50e [/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
Vorel:[sblock]You don't see anything unusual.[/sblock]

GP:[sblock]You hear something land at 75N50E.[/sblock]

Crabby keeps dancing.

GP's turn.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads