• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CG vs. LE: Chaotic Good is Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
Vorel dodges the acid (32+10=42 Ref save) and takes no damage. She still has 473 HP remaining. She leads off round 630.

Ugulu[sblock]M.R. can use breath weapon in round 632. He has 366 HP remaining.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
Mods, EH: [sblock] I must admit there's nothing in the rules strictly against it, but I really do think it's 'cheating' in a manner of speaking. You're granting the dragon feats that are in the section, as the book says, for player characters. I don't view a brass dragon wyrm as a PC. I am curious, however, how much of a bonus the dragon gets on the save. After all, he gets 1/2 his character level, so you must have a value for ECL. But when you look up brass dragon wyrm in the section on "Dragons as Player Characters" (the only place where you can equate dragons and PCs), you obviously don't find it. I'd guess the ECL to be somewhere really really high, giving a +20 at least on saves, right? Did the dragon's stats get rolled up? I was wondering why you aren't use the Draco version. [/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
Not ugulu:[sblock]I did let this go through and considered HD to equal character level, but it would be fairer perhaps to treat the dragon as a 17th level sorceror, still giving +8+2 for a total of +10 on saves vs dragons. PJSlavner apparently didn't even need to include the feat bonus on the last save, and the dragon has plenty of ways to protect herself from acid anyway. As far as why the sample dragon is not the general, EH submitted this general back in 2005, so he has a right to choose the feats and spells that go along with it.[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
Not ugulu: [sblock] As long as you consciously made the decision, I'm good. :) Well, not really good, more like chaotic neutral or something.

It's very clever of Evil halfling though. I really never thought of a dragon-slaying dragon before, since it's so counterintuitive to the way the book reads. F'rinstance, I'm one of the few who liked the 3.0 rule about only evil rangers could choose their own type. [/sblock]

PJSlavner

Explorer
Not Ugulu[sblock]I did not realize that the save bonus applies to supernatural effects, as well. I will use +8, for a total save bonus of +10 against dragons.[/sblock]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
[sblock] When I picked up the feat orginally I was told that the dragon had no levels, and thus no bonus, just the evasion. I like the sorcerer levels ruling better. The general does have spells for protection, but it costs one of those precious actions to put it up.
IC- casting improved invis. [/sblock]

Vorel will vanish, and then fly to 100n40e
OOC: please adjust if possible to avoid squeezing, Im feeling suspicious of my map.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Round 630

Vorel is invisible and in the Victory Zone with no squeezing necessary.

Ugulu[sblock]M.R. senses Vorel fly to 100N40E. He babbles incoherently.[/sblock]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Vorel will comment haughtily that she prefers having Tea with a Black Dragon
then cast defensively [sblock] Energy Immunity: Acid
spells remaining 6/8/7/7/7/6/6/4/4[/sblock]

Remove ads