• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Change post time display

Darkwolf71

First Post
It seems that with the last upgrade the 'time of post' markers were changed from showing the actual time/date to showing 'xx minutes ago'. I've gone through my account settings but can't find an option to change it. Am I missing something? If not can we please have the option? I greatly dislike this change.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I must say, I too dislike this change. But it's not such a big deal, and will prolly just require some time to get used to.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't think there's a control for it, but I'm learning the software changes after upgrade at the same time you do. If you spot a control, be sure to let us know here so other people can use it. :)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I remember some years ago a switch was used to provide relative posting date/time like this, and we switched it off again as the majority of people didn't like it. It might also provide some additional unwanted processor/database work since it makes a calculation for every date rather than just displaying it.

Keep those eyes peeled!

Shalimar

First Post
I remember some years ago a switch was used to provide relative posting date/time like this, and we switched it off again as the majority of people didn't like it. It might also provide some additional unwanted processor/database work since it makes a calculation for every date rather than just displaying it.

Keep those eyes peeled!

This seem like the case as the boards seem way slower after the change. I am wondering if it isn't due to exactly that issue of extra calcuation being required.

DM_Matt

First Post
I really like the relative dates, but is there a setting for the absolute dates to be in American format rather than British? Im not trying to impose on everyone, I'm just wondering if there is an individual setting buried in the program somewhere.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads