• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Changeover Poll

Changeover Poll

• Complete Changeover: All 4E played now, no earlier editions of D&D

Votes: 193 32.2%
  • Largely over: Mostly 4E played now, some earlier edition play

Votes: 56 9.3%
  • Half over: Half 4E played now, half earlier edition play

Votes: 32 5.3%
  • Partial Changeover: Some 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 18 3.0%
  • Slight Changeover: A little 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • No Change: Tried 4E, went back to earlier edition play

Votes: 114 19.0%
  • No Change: Never tried 4E, all earlier edition play

Votes: 165 27.5%

Scribble

First Post
Really? Well, when I try to do port forwarding the only "Address" other computers outside of my router care about is my router IP, which is provided by my ISP. On my side of the router each of my computers have different IP's, but when I sign onto the internet the only IP ENWorld sees is the one IP my router has, not those of each of my 4 computers.

Yeah some ISPs provie static IPs some variable. If you're on a variable IP it will be reassigned to you each time you reboot. Or in the case of your router each time it resets and logs back on.

So no matter what computer I am on when I sign into ENWorld, it still knows I voted, and it does not offer me a new chance to vote. I can only presume that is because my router only has one IP, and that is the IP ENWorld sees, not the IP of the computer I am using on the LAN side of my router.

You don't get extra chances o vote as your account. Like I can't vote multiple times as scribble. I can vote as many times as I want as Unsigned in guy provided I sign in as scribble then log back out and vote again as unsigned in guy.

Treebore

First Post
You don't get extra chances o vote as your account. Like I can't vote multiple times as scribble. I can vote as many times as I want as Unsigned in guy provided I sign in as scribble then log back out and vote again as unsigned in guy.

I still wonder about that, because yesterday I visited this site after I had emptied my cookies folder, so I wasn't signed in. I couldn't vote or post unsigned, I tried. So I had to sign in, naturally it was to my account. My point is I was unable to do either until I signed in. So if my experience is kind of universal I would say that the claims that people can vote in this poll without being signed in are wrong. My experience says no one can vote, or post, unless they create and sign into a validated account.

However, I am far from being any kind of hacker when it comes to computers and there is plenty I do not understand.

I just know that having my cookies deleted and not being signed in did not allow me to get an extra vote, so as far as I can tell Barcode is wrong about being able to do that. Are there other ways to make it work? I am sure there is, all I know is that simply deleting all my cookies and not signing in did not work for me.

xechnao

First Post
I logged off right now and the poll letted me submit a vote. Do not know if it counted though. I was stupid enough to not check the ballot before voting. Btw, I had not voted before.

So I guess it is only a matter of IP.

Treebore

First Post
Strange, it allowed me to sign out and vote today, without clearing cookies, etc...

So it is possible to vote at least twice, from the same IP. Once signed in, and once not signed in.

Now I'll have to see if I can do it from my other computers via the same router.

xechnao

First Post
Try voting again.

Heh, sorry boys, so the security here seems to be rather seriously flawed. I managed to vote again 2 more times. Here is the trick: If I log on I cant vote. If I log off I can vote once. If after voting I log on and then log off again I can re-vote as logged off. I guess this can happen at infinitum. Give me an hour and I can skyrocket any option you wish.

gamecat

Explorer
No change for me.

I adore 3rd edition, even what other players call its shortcomings. Perhaps it's just because it's been almost ten years since I first beheld with wonderment things like "Monsters have ability scores now?" or "I can multiclass however I feel like?".

Perhaps I'm being reactionary, but I'm so overly enthralled (and invested in) with 3.5 edition that 4e just doesn't interest me.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Holy makeral. I thought the poll over due to the lack of interest, and ... 100 votes in 2 days!

It is a literal flood of pro-4E voting, too. The results are changed again, away from the 400 - 1,200 Vote Poll Range.

1,271 votes

Changeover: 36%
No Changeover: 55%
Partial Changeover: 9%
(EDIT: Option 6: 29%)

We are talking about a 3 percentile point gain for Changeover, and a 3 percentile point drop for No Changeover, away from the previous Poll Range.
That is, from the 400 vote mark through the 1,200 vote mark, Changeover never made it higher than 33%. It remained within the 31% to 33% mark for all that time. Now it is up to 36% and rising.
Likewise, No Changeover never fell below 57%. It ranged from 57% to 59% through all the time and all those votes. Now, it is at 55% and dropping.

4E is back in the running here. It was Less Than 1 In 3. Now, it is way more than 1 in 3. If this keeps going, we will be talking in terms of 4 in 10 once more.
3E and earlier were 6 in 10 before. That is no longer true. If this drop continues, we will be talking in terms of 1 in 2 once more (we certainly will not be discussing it in terms of 2 in 3, as some suggested was the case.)

Last edited:

Sammael

Adventurer
Personally, I think all the extra votes are coming from one (or more) of the people who are trying to disapprove the meaning of this poll (not that it has any). It's not feasible for the poll results to change as much in such a short time (after being rock-solid for weeks) without some rigging going on.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
The interesting question would be, how many people played 4th edition long enough to have a well founded opinion (120h to overcome your biases and preconceptions, as we learned in an other thread) and went back to older editions? I'm sure there are some, but I doubt the numbers are like the ones we are getting here.
Those of you who suspected you wouldn't like anchovies, but tried them anyway (and found your suspicion confirmed), did you eat at least 120 anchovies? Did you try anchovies with various beers or other beverages, to help overcome your biases and preconceptions? If not, well, you didn't really try anchovies, so your opinion certainly doesn't mean anything. Wusses.

Remove ads