Changes to The Pleasure Prison of the B'thuvian Demon Whore?

Crothian

First Post
After reading it, 4 seems about right. There are encounters with lots of weak foes that a party of 4 will easily get through. Also, Krunk has little healing so a group with a cleric and a wand of cure light wounds could easily make a big difference.

4th level gives them access to 2nd-level spells, with 3rd-level spells on the horizon. My only fear is that a party of four 4th-level PCs will rip through the early encounters and be bored (you know how PbP goes). Maybe I'll compensate by giving a grim and gritty point-buy.

Andor

First Post
4th level gives them access to 2nd-level spells, with 3rd-level spells on the horizon. My only fear is that a party of four 4th-level PCs will rip through the early encounters and be bored (you know how PbP goes). Maybe I'll compensate by giving a grim and gritty point-buy.

o_O My eperience with PbP is that it doesn't 'rip through' anything. Ever. If you get through a qick combat in a month you're doing well.

My experience with PbP is like yours--everything takes a long time. That said, however, by "rip through" I mean a party of 4th-level PCs might be bored by the early encounters with...kobolds. Yes, kobolds. And we all know that boring encounters can be a death knell for the already-slow PbP game. Players who are bored are disinclined to post, which in turn equates to a dead or dying game. This is part of the reason why I'm wondering if maybe 4th level isn't too high for a starting level.

Wycen

Explorer
Back when it was released and the talk of the town, I recall someone saying it could be played with a party of 4th level characters. Not sure if it was XPR or somebody reading it though.

Be sure to keep us informed.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Why require the characters be female? The character the module is made for is male.

I haven't looked at the module in a while, it does have advice for running it with a group.

I think it has to do with the CHOCOLATE GOLEM !!!!

Usually, in D&D, monsters try to eat the PCs, now, it will be the reverse.

I wrote to Joe Browning and got a reply via e-mail that indicated starting a group of four out at 4th or possibly 5th level would be a good bet. My book hasn't arrived yet, but after some preliminary thought I believe I'll start them at 4th level. My concept for the adventure will be to run it as a Robert Crumb-esque lesbian/bisexual type game, hopefully filled with bad puns and lots of snickering.

Thanks, all, for your kind input.

Remove ads