• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Changing the skin

Tian Zi

First Post
Is skin the right word? The default Black back/white text makes me nauseous! I'm taking -2 penalties all over the place.

feel free to email me at m domezio AT hotmail

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Nauseous? That sounds serious; I'd see a doctor.

Themes are on the to-do list.

Why would I be emailing you, though? I'm mean, don't get me wrong, I'm positively delighted that I'm free to do so.

Tian Zi

First Post
Great, thanks for the reply. I'll suffer through the dizziness and headaches... but maybe that is from some of the posts on here!

Looking forward to the old themes.

breschau

First Post
Please hurry. I'd really like to come back to the forum but I can't read this white on black crap for more than a few seconds.

A least default to something that's not painful to read in.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A least default to something that's not painful to read in.

This has been EN World's default appaearance for 8 years, and an important part of its trade dress and branding. It's never going to change; sorry.

But we will have alternatives available as sson as we can.

breschau

First Post
This has been EN World's default appaearance for 8 years, and an important part of its trade dress and branding. It's never going to change; sorry.

But we will have alternatives available as sson as we can.

Oh, I had no idea. Because I changed it the second I logged in as I wanted to actually read the posts instead of going cross-eyed.

Wow, being hard to read and causing eye strain as part of branding. Now that's something to be proud of.

EDIT: If you're on Safari, you can disable CSS by dragging the "Disable CSS in Safari" javascript link on this page into your bookmarks. The page retains cohesion and is also readable.

Simply go to the offending site, and click on the "Disable CSS in Safari" bookmark and presto, readable page.

Last edited:

I also have difficulty reading the default layout for more than a few minutes before blurriness sets in. I was fond of the "Player's Handbook" (I think it was called) skin which was similar to the WotC boards.

I know you folks have been hard at work with the upgrade so I'll be patient. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads