• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Breeding

In the old rolemaster companion 1 you can find a table to know what race will be the child.
I don't have this book, but I believe what 50% mother's race, 25%father's race, 25% mixed of both.
I was on the same situation a long time ago.
I hope that helps. :D

Sejs

First Post
It makes you wonder... how would a surface elf/drow breed work?

Ignore the fact that the parents would rather kill each other than get it on to make the offspring. What would a child of that mix be like?

Raised in the underdark with the drow parent? The kid is a drow with funny hair/skin/eye coloration.

Raised above ground with the surface elf parent? The kid if a surface elf with funny hair/skin/eye coloration.

See? Easy as pie.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
noeuphoria said:
He becomes an... electrum elf!!

I wanted to say that :D

Teslacoil1138 said:
It makes you wonder... how would a surface elf/drow breed work?

Ignore the fact that the parents would rather kill each other than get it on to make the offspring. What would a child of that mix be like? :p

As has been said: In D&D, elven subraces breed true. No mongrels like aquatic mithral/silver/avariel/drow (which would have a quite difficult chemical formula as their name).

In some older materials (including Daughter of the Drow by Elaine Cunningham) it has been stated that a child of a drow and a surface elf will most likely become a drow him-/ herself. One vhaeraunite drow said if they can't sweep the fairy elves off the surface, they'll breed them off the surface.
In smaller Vhaeraunite surface settlements, settlements which consist of drow who fled the Underdark and their houses rather than whole families, houses or organizations, there would often be a shortage of females (most Vhaeraunites are male, since the females are comfortable with the Spider Queen and her sexist views), so in order to get breeding stock, they'd mate with human females and even female surface elves. Such females were usually outcasts who didn't have anywhere else to go.

Remove ads