• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Build: 12th-level primary arcane caster

Thanee

First Post
Kazinsky said:
Tell me, what do you polymorph into as your preferred combat form?

In all honesty... I have not the slightest clue... yet! :D

Troll and Annis Hag are some likely contenders, tho, because they work well with her melee talents.

Also, do you worry much about your AC ...

Note, that the sheet currently has some items unused and all stats figured accordingly, though, that does only change AC by 1.

With Polymorph and Shield she should be good to go, however.
And she can still use Combat Expertise if things go bad.

...or do you bank on Greater Blink and Bladeweave to get you through melee situations (or is this basically covered through your Polymorph'd form)?

There are quite a few spells to let her survive in melee. We'll see how that works out.
And don't forget Improved Trip.

Of course, she could be a good deal more powerful than that, but I do not purely choose abilities for power, but also for flavor (i.e. her choice of weapons... there is really no reason not to use a greatsword apart from being an elf and their favored weaponry; also the Con could be higher, I guess).

Reading on this board and seeing some of the good bits from the Races books used, I think I'll have to save up for those.

They are not too bad at least, some interesting stuff in there and some nice background on the races, too.

Bye
Thanee

Kazinsky said:
You shush! :p (I was attempting to PM him, but he wasn't accepting PMs, so just copied and pasted the text to this thread without thinking.)

To get semi-back onto topic, where'd you get the Arcane Strike feat and the Spellsword PrC from?

Hi Kazinsky,

I don't know what the go is with PMing so sorry for that - obviously nothing personal. Thanks for the kind words on the Story Hour, I'm glad you're enjoying. Feel free to comment on that thread too by the way. Correspondence is always welcome. :)

Back on topic, Thanee's build does seem to be a good one. How is your player going?

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads